Learning to eat healthier

Options
I've been on the plan for a few weeks now. My first week I did start to see the difference. I had a couple of time where I didn't do well, but start back in the middle of the week. I find the weekends to be hard to do. My plan is to go food shopping and pick up the correct things to eat and make my next week even better.

Replies

• digistyle
    digistyle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do better when I plan my meals. My plans are not particularly strict, but they usually keep me from doing fast food and extra snacks.
  • Kimmer03
    Kimmer03 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The struggle is real. lol. My boyfriend is a junkfood-aholic. and I am trying to eat healthy. It is certainly not easy. Some things that motivate me to eat better are: my skin is awesome when I am eating the right things--fewer breakouts and it has this amazing dewiness, I have more energy for things I love to do. My sex drive has greatly improved, I am regular (perhaps a TMI, perhaps not) and my clothes fit better. Those are reason enough for me to continue to put good things in my body.

I started using The Doctor's Diet...now, before you think it is a trendy DIET, let me tell you that it is not. It is a lifestyle change. I started drinking more water and iced tea as opposed to soda (I can't drink soda because it is too sweet for me now). I eat fruits and veggies and lean meat and cheese and I drink beer and wine and I am still losing without feeling as though I have to go without anything. It is awesome!! Also, I can buy my boyfriend's junk food and my healthy food and not feel tempted by his mess. And the best part--our food bill went down $40/week by changing this way I eat. :)