Favourite genre of exercise? Parkour workouts, strength training, aerobics, swimming, etc.

Options
I recently started parkour training (there are no parkour gyms in Canada, so I just learn them off YouTube) and I'm feeling alive with every roll! I love to do HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and parkour related workouts! So much fun and in my opinion, best way to burn fat!
It's your turn! What's your favourite!?

Replies

• Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Not sure what parkour is, but I fell in love with kickboxing about 14 years ago after I had my three kids. It's still my favorite thing to do.
  • EK00001
    Options
    Not sure what parkour is, but I fell in love with kickboxing about 14 years ago after I had my three kids. It's still my favorite thing to do.

I also wanted to try kick boxing! Only problem is, I can't follow their tutoring schedules due to mt duties.
    Ps. Search Parkour/Free Run! You'll be amazed! It's basically ninja stunts (Jackie Chan) done everywhere and anywhere.
  • Trishism
    Trishism Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I find swimming the most enjoyable! I'm planning on joining a rowing league in the spring and I'm pretty sure I'll really enjoy that, too.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Yoga, hiking, tennis, walking
  • EK00001
    Options
    Trishism wrote: »
    I find swimming the most enjoyable! I'm planning on joining a rowing league in the spring and I'm pretty sure I'll really enjoy that, too.

I've always wanted to try free style! I wish I had more time and money to do these activities! D>
  • Fruitylicious03
    Options
    Walking. :)
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    One of my motivations for losing weight is so I can get back into martial arts. I took tang soo do, kajukenbo, and kickboxing for 11 years before I ruptured a disc in my back. I really miss sparring, I loved it. Once I get to my goal weight I know I'll still have to be careful because the damage I have is permanent, but I seriously can't wait to at least get a light sparring match in one day LOL. For now I get my cardio in on the elliptical, I do light weight lifting, and I also enjoy walking trails :)
  • Grace215lbs
    Grace215lbs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love my kick boxing. Make me feel strong and it's too much fun to call a work out.
  • trungalung
    Options
    Playing basketball. Weight lifting is a close second. I want to pick up boxing. I have been interested in it since like forever.
  • EK00001
    Options
    One of my motivations for losing weight is so I can get back into martial arts. I took tang soo do, kajukenbo, and kickboxing for 11 years before I ruptured a disc in my back. I really miss sparring, I loved it. Once I get to my goal weight I know I'll still have to be careful because the damage I have is permanent, but I seriously can't wait to at least get a light sparring match in one day LOL. For now I get my cardio in on the elliptical, I do light weight lifting, and I also enjoy walking trails :)

I wish you the best of luck sincerely from my heart! Martial arts for life!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    Oly-lifting and riding my bike.
  • jim_just_jim
    jim_just_jim Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Riding bike in summer, snowboarding/skiing in winter.
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Lifting and swimming.
  • livinfluffy
    livinfluffy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love my zumba classes at the gym. I have met some wonderful people there who will shoot me a text if I am not there to keep me going. It also is the one thing I haven't gotten bored with since the songs are constantly changing. I have always loved to dance, but thought I was too big to dance anymore until I went to class. My gym friends are trying to talk me into some cycling and strength classes but I haven't worked up the nerve yet.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I've been swimming and doing acqua-gym for almost 20 yrs. I have AO and can't lift weights--wrist problems, so I do what I can. I do 40 mins of laps in a 25 meter pool, and do about 40 laps. I do 30 min of acqua-gym. I usually walk alot. I have been doing this for a long time, and my weight was just slowly creeping up. I'd do a restrictive diet and get to a good weight, and then the creep would start again. I found MFP about a year and a half ago, and like it alot. I'm hoping to stabilize at a good weight this time, and keep it there. :)
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Swimming, weightlifting, martial arts, dancing.

(I see a pattern here. I like my physical stuff to be technical)
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    absolutely richard simmons.. i did a video of him for years and just upped the intensity myself until the video broke... i got an audio version and do my own high intensity version of it with weights and richards insperational words are still always there pushing me through!! it always starts my day on a positive note and i really think he's been a huge part of my positive lifestyle change!!!
  • noexcusesjustresults2014
    Options
    If you like parkour you may like Tough Mudder type obstacle runs too!
  • EK00001
    Options
    If you like parkour you may like Tough Mudder type obstacle runs too!

I haven't seen that before. Maybe I'll check it out!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Tough Mudder. I want that 10xHeadband!