Taking Birth Control To Start Period?

Options
egirl68
egirl68 Posts: 57 Member
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
So I got prescribed medroxyprogesterone to start my period back up which i havent had for two years (Was super irregular anyways and my diabetes play factor) but got one in september but not october. I am only taking these pills for a week. How long did it take for it to work for you? Ive gained a lot recently since i started my period back up in september which was super light. Can my weight of shot up 8 lbs from mindless snacking but also since my body may be messed up from period? Did you lose weight once you got your period from taking these pills? My doctor said it should/could be very heavy. THANKS!!

Replies

• pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    So weight can be a factor in having your period or irregular cycles. Your body needs time to adjust to the hormones which could take up to 6 months. You can still lose weight on birth control, countless have done it. But you need to keep your calories under control for that to happen and make sure you are eating at a calorie deficit. Your weight will fluctuate during the time you are on your period. I've heard of some people going up 8lbs-10lbs during that time, and then return to their normal fluctuations after their cycle.
  • scallopedlove
    Options
    I've had to take this after months of no period. It took towards the end of the week to work for me, but everyone is different.

Any weight you lose will be water weight. You're gain is most like from "mindless snacking." Don't rely on your period/birth control as a mechanism to lose weight.
  • egirl68
    egirl68 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've had to take this after months of no period. It took towards the end of the week to work for me, but everyone is different.

Any weight you lose will be water weight. You're gain is most like from "mindless snacking." Don't rely on your period/birth control as a mechanism to lose weight.

Thanks so much! So if i stop mindless snacking could that really help me lose weight to? I barely like rarely drink water, could it help to drink more?