5 lbs in a week??!

Options
13»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    This morning I got up at 8, peed, weighed went back to sleep - up 2lb for yesterday (3 times with reset in between)

Got up at 10, peed, weighed - down 3lbs ..so 1lb lighter than yesterday (3 times with reset in between)

So either I've lost 3lb in 2 hours or ..it's water weight and it means diddly-squat

Love me those fluctuations, endlessly fascinating
  • cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    As an example, i weigh in every Sunday morning, 10am before i take on any fluids or breakfast and after going to the toilet. Today i lost 3lb, last week i lost 5lb, the week before that i lost 1lb, the week before that i gained 1lb etc etc. I log it all, gains and losses and the trends i see with myself is that every few months i will have a period of static/negative movement where i either gain or stay the same. I no longer freak out about the short term negatives.
  • OnceBitt2xshy34
    Options
    I lost 185 pounds in 3 minutes once ( I dumped my ex) lol
  • Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Thursdays. Hopefully I don't keep losing that drastically. Lol and it levels off to .05-1. Have it set for .05
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I lost 185 pounds in 3 minutes once ( I dumped my ex) lol
    :smiley:
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Nice poop!
    Why did this get flagged?
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Nice poop!

People are against poop.

everyone-poops.jpg
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Nice poop!

General populace is passive aggressive and hangry.
  • SLLRunner
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Nice poop!

And, now my question got flagged. :neutral_face:

Getting rid of waste will cause the scale numbers to go down, sometimes significantly, as well as not getting rid of waste will make the scale numbers go up. It's all part of natural weigh fluctuations. It seems, with the sense of humor of that particular poster, that the response is apropos to the question.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Same thing happened to me around 10/2/14 (and I have been at this about 1 year with a 151 pound loss-to-date); I know there is no problem with scale, as I go to multiple doctors on a regular basis and have always been within 1 lb of my home scale depending upon the time of day.

While I weigh myself several times a week (as a guide only), I only "record" my weight once a week on the same day/time every week.

Decided not to drive myself nuts about the "why" unless it happened again in the near-term - it didn't. My advice - just enjoy it...:)
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Haha don't worry about it, I've gained and lost 5 pounds in a day before, eat some carbs and drink some water and relax a bit, you're fine :P