Replies

• shavon007
    shavon007 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ok will do thanks cwyman1
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin 15. It is a HRM with a built-in activity tracker.I had a fitbit but returned it for the Garmin. It combines everything into 1 gadget and appears to be more accurate than the fitbit.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I use a Bodymedia, which has been tested as being the most accurate on the market (although that might change with the new batch of trackers being released next year). I absolutely loved it until they broke the software. Now it constantly has issues uploading and syncing data. It's still the most accurate when it works, but until they get the software fixed, I can't really recommend it.
  • shavon007
    Options
    I have the Garmin 15. It is a HRM with a built-in activity tracker.I had a fitbit but returned it for the Garmin. It combines everything into 1 gadget and appears to be more accurate than the fitbit.

thanks for the info
  • shavon007
    Options
    I use a Bodymedia, which has been tested as being the most accurate on the market (although that might change with the new batch of trackers being released next year). I absolutely loved it until they broke the software. Now it constantly has issues uploading and syncing data. It's still the most accurate when it works, but until they get the software fixed, I can't really recommend it.

thanks will save me from getting it
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I basically just want a "glorified" pedometer. Just something that lets me set a "movement" goal and see if I've met it each day. I just got the Misfit Shine and love it! It looks like expensive jewelry. Sounds funny to say, but it is beautiful! I've just started to "lift heavy" though that term is relative because heavy to me is not really all that heavy...yet. I judge those workouts based on my "perceived exertion." The thing that sold me on the Shine was that 1. It's waterproof to 150 feet. and 2. No charging. The battery lasts 4-6 months and then it's just a simple watch battery, easy enough to pick up at the market. I too, was a die hard Body Media Fit fan, until the merger with Jawbone and the software issues. The Shine couldn't be more different. It's about the size of a quarter and has the sport band and a clip, I also bought the leather watch band and the pretty Bloom necklace. You can wear it anywhere on your body, or even slip it in your pocket. It's just what I was looking for, but you'll have to get what fits your needs. Let us know what you choose. :)
  • lemonlime006
    Options
    I like the fitbit because it syncs to MFP and I have friends and family "friended" on there and we can kind of compete. It also adjusts your calorie count on MFP for the walking around you did that exceeds your typical day, so it adjusts if you did a lot of walking for the day or not. I also have a Polar HRM, that I love because it tells me the specific calories I burned during exercise. I find that to be the most accurate, and I can just log what it said into MFP, and my fitbit automatically syncs for miscellaneous steps.