Calling all cabbage lovers......

Terri73
Terri73 Posts: 238
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
I really cant be alone.... i love the stuff and have actually just polished off a mass plateful with my dinner. nom nom

After the introduction of the cabbage diet, the vegetable had gained popularity in both beauty and health sector. Cabbage has immense health benefits and is the cure to many health problems. One of the basic complains with cabbage is that it builds gas in the intestine.

Researchers have confirmed that if for a person cabbage is creating gas in the intestine, it is the indication and the body needs detoxification. Continuous eating of cabbage may lead to cleansing of the body.

.Cures Obesity – Cabbage is a rich source of tartronic acid. This acid converts excess sugar and fat in human body. In a way it controls carbohydrates and fat. Thus, it becomes the best slimming agent. Weight loss, thus, becomes yet another health benefit of cabbage. Great for water retention..

There are major health benefits of cabbage. Include this vegetable for a healthy and secure life

I love my veg people think i'm mad as i could have just a plateful of veg and nothing else lol

Replies

• VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Thank you..I love cabbage and am recently trying to include it in foods I make. My mom used to cook with cabbage a lot in several different recipes.
  • Terri73
    Mine nan did the best cabbage all be it smothered in butter (i dont do that by the way) but it was lovely.
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    the only way i like cabbage is in cabbage rolls
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    love boiled cabbage. Made it the other nite, stir fried with some stewed tomatoes, and garlic. :)
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    I love cabbage! Red, green...oh my! The dense hearty leaves have me by the :heart: strings. I loved this one side dish at an Irish pub here where they used paprika and mace...so yums!

And bok choy... mmm

I totally agree OP, NoM NoM!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    I love cabbage too....was wondering what to fix for dinner and now I know lol, cabbage rolls sounds delicious and can't be that many calories either:) Thanks for the idea!!
  • As a Mexican, we cook a lot of recipes with cabbage. It's good to hear all the benefits. I will continue to cook with it.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Mmm I can't believe I've forgotten about my cabbage recently, thank you, I am now going to make it for dinner. :heart:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    I love cabbage but I don't know any good recipes:ohwell:
  • Terri73
    I love cabbage too....was wondering what to fix for dinner and now I know lol, cabbage rolls sounds delicious and can't be that many calories either:) Thanks for the idea!!

Roughly 89g is 22 cals (1 cup)
  • VixFit2011
    As a Mexican, we cook a lot of recipes with cabbage. It's good to hear all the benefits. I will continue to cook with it.

Love Mexican food! Can you share some recipes with cabbage please?
  • Terri73
    I have not had it in ages(nobody else eats it) but after today will make it my mission to have it several times a week.
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    the issue with me and cabbage is...i grew up with it boiled with a ham hock or bacon a jalapeno and a stick of butter....and lots of salt and pepper..and i love..the..crap out of it in fact thats how i cook it on thanksgiving..so normal cabbage just seems wierdd to me but its still tasteyy! next to broccoli...i think cabbage is muh fave
  • VixFit2011
    I love cabbage but I don't know any good recipes:ohwell:

Cut up in soups is great, cabbage rolls, sauteed with whatever you want to include. I don't have any of my mom's recipes but hope some will get posted here.
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    As a Mexican, we cook a lot of recipes with cabbage. It's good to hear all the benefits. I will continue to cook with it.

Love Mexican food! Can you share some recipes with cabbage please?

alot of the mexican food i have with cabbage is shredded raw cabbage in tacos or somethingg
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    I love making a version of coleslaw.
    I buy the shredded prepared cabbage at the grocery store and mix it with some olive oil and malt vinegar.
    (for me) the kids are pickier so I mix theirs with light mayo and fat free italian dressing.

I LOVE cabbage rolls, does anyone have a suggestion about how to make them without the rice?
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634

And now I thank YOU for giving me an idea for MY dinner!
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    oh my word, i had literally just posted on a comment in my newsfeed about going to get myself some cabbage for lunch tomorrow as i'd not had it in ages, how bizzare to then find this thread. i like green/white cabbage lightly boiled with a bit of black pepper (i used to toss it in butter too lol) never been a fan of red cabbage unless its raw, and spring gives me gas lol
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    I love cabbage, but the only way I've ever had it and the only way I know how to cook it is boiled with potatoes and carrots and loaded with salt. It tastes soo good, but puts me way over on sodium.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    I use brown rice in mine but you don't have to add rice at all....Instead use lots of veggies in with your meat (lean ground beef or ground turkey). I like to use chopped green peppers, mushrooms, onions and celery but you can add whatever you like. I use no salt tomato sauce and no salt chopped tomatoes in mine. Simply delicious:)!
This discussion has been closed.