I need help!!

Options
I've been attempting to lose weight through this site for..I think...3 weeks now. The first week I lost 2lbs, yay! The second week I gained .4. Not horrible but not the direction I'm trying to go in. And at this morning's weigh in, I have gained the entire 2lbs I lost the first week. I'm so distraught and confused. I've made MAJOR changes in my eating, I'm counting every calorie I possibly can, I'm drinking more water than before (I have trouble getting my 8 in I will admit that), and I feel that I'm making better choices all around. I'm exercising 4-5 times a week (this week was a bad week and I only got 2.5 in) and a month ago I wasn't doing anything. So with all these changes I've made HOW AM I NOT LOSING WEIGHT?? And the worst part is, I feel hungry ALLLL THE TIME! I can't even imagine eating LESS calories a day.

Those who are having success on this site....how do you do it??!!

Thank you for your help,
Avagirl.

Replies

• minus40
    minus40 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You'll get there! The water is a big thing for me. When I started drinking more water, I saw a great improvement. At first it was discouraging b/c I felt like I was running to the bathroom ALL THE TIME :) And I hate plain water. So I just stuck with it, added a little lemon or lemonade (just a little) to give it some taste and my body's adjusted. In 3 weeks here, I've lost 6 lbs. Feel free to add me if you think I can offer a little encouragement. Having a great support network on here gives me the extra motivation I need to keep going :)
  • fitnessGETZeasy
    fitnessGETZeasy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough to fuel all the working out you're doing? If you went from fairly inactive to really active as you describe, you definitely need to make sure you're getting enough to eat. You shouldn't be feeling hungry. For me, that's when I fall off the wagon. Keep working at it, you'll get there!
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories??
  • ccwicks
    ccwicks Posts: 39
    Options
    Stay the course and don't give up - all the items you are doing (under calorie count every day, excercise, water, etc.) should lead to the results. Are you straying even for 1 bad day during each week? Are you accurately capturing some of the foods (breads, cheese, wine/alcohol, etc. pack a lot of calories) and their amounts/counts? I strongly suggest to keep on focus with the work you are doing, double checking your calorie logs, and push through this temporary pause which I think is the situation here - your body is adjusting and changing, possibly converting and building muscle weight, and getting ready to kick up to a higher level. Trust me, we all go through a pause and break through it so the key is not to get frustrated and stop - looking forward to your positive results soon
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary so we can see what is going on and maybe give some suggestions.
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't have the answer as you are in a very different place to me with only 20lb to lose. All I can say is that look for other signs that your hard work is paying off. Loser clothes, a more toned look or even feeling better all makes it worthwhile.
  • ccwicks
    ccwicks Posts: 39
    Options
    Refer to the following post as well - the key is to stick with and not give up ever

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/229634-it-s-working-i-m-unstuck
  • Hartbarney05
    Options
    Open up your diary so we can see what is going on and maybe give some suggestions.

How do you open up a diary?
  • Hartbarney05
    Options
    Stay the course and don't give up - all the items you are doing (under calorie count every day, excercise, water, etc.) should lead to the results. Are you straying even for 1 bad day during each week? Are you accurately capturing some of the foods (breads, cheese, wine/alcohol, etc. pack a lot of calories) and their amounts/counts? I strongly suggest to keep on focus with the work you are doing, double checking your calorie logs, and push through this temporary pause which I think is the situation here - your body is adjusting and changing, possibly converting and building muscle weight, and getting ready to kick up to a higher level. Trust me, we all go through a pause and break through it so the key is not to get frustrated and stop - looking forward to your positive results soon

Some days I can't eat all my calories and some days I go over by a few. Its hard to eat an exact number of calories every day. Also, I noticed I went over my carbs and protein on a few of the days. I think this week I can watch those a bit more and exercise more. My husbands parents were in town so there were a few days I didn't have the opportunity to work out. Hopefully this week will be different.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options

Settings - Diary Settings - Scroll down to Diary Sharing and make it public
  • Hartbarney05
    Options

Settings - Diary Settings - Scroll down to Diary Sharing and make it public

Done!
  • Hartbarney05
    Options
    I opened up my diary for anyone who is willing to look at it and help me out, thanks!

Avagirl
  • propjetprop
    propjetprop Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    A couple of things that might help you or anyone that reads this:

1. IT IS OK TO BE HUNGRY... The sooner you accept this fact the sooner you will shed the lbs. You are changing your metabolism and habits, and you body is going to fight you... you have to control this and tell yourself every second of every day that it is ok to be hungry.... Make sure you are sticking to your caloric intake to stay healthy, but accept hunger... HUNGER PANGS ARE FAT LEAVING THE BODY!

2. EAT LIKE A CAVEMAN.... what I mean by this is if caveman had access to it or could make it you CAN eat it... if cave man could not access or make it, you CAN NOT eat it.... Very simply, our bodies are designed through evolution to be hunter/gatherers... we hike 20 miles, kill an animal, eat it and repeat... So stay away from the processed foods.... ALL processed foods... If you look at the ingredients and can not understand, read or comprehend at one glance what is in it... DO NOT EAT IT..

3. When you feel hungry, start chugging water... if it is not "time" to eat and you feel hungry your body might actually be slightly dehydrated. The water will satisfly the hunger pang temporarily and along with an apple or a a small veggi snack you will make it to your next meal...

4. EAT BEFORE YOU EAT.... If you are going to be in a place that is tempting, ie: out with friends, at a party, holidays, etc. Eat cave man food before you put yourself in that situation.. Example: You are going to meet friends for a night out.. you know you will be around good food and drinks... before you leave the house chow down on a pouch of tuna, smoked salmon, bowl of soup, instant rice, etc.. something, anything, so when you sit down to dinner or are at the party you are not "Starving" and you order food that is appropriate for YOU!

5. ALWAYS HAVE FOOD WITH YOU... this might mean you have to carry a fanny pack or purse/satchel, but it works.. keep it loaded with good stuff.... dried fruit, nuts, grapes, pouch of tuna, can of chicken, etc... if you feel temped to go in the convience store while pumping gas or cruzing the airport, grab your gut to remind yourself why your are doing this and then eat the good stuff you have with you, not the crap you could buy at the kiosk.... Check out my signature picture... I am an airline pilot and I carry that bag full of good stuff that last me 4-5 days on the road!

Get mean, suck it up and get it done!

I just opened up my diary... I have lost 7 lbs in 6 days!