Hi I have a question of my weight?

Options
i eat healthy and work out 10 min of running and cycling slowly to burn 200 cal but I went to 123 to 128 or 133 keep switching in the morning I was 128.0 I'm so sad am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• LeadFromTheFront
    LeadFromTheFront Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fellow exerciser here...not sure I can answer that, but hang in there and keep up the healthy habits. Do you have someone local you can ask in person?
  • JeffMeehan
    JeffMeehan Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Could just be water retention.
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    well i don't believe that you're actually burning 200 calories in 10 minutes by slowly running and cycling. so if i correctly understood that part i would say you may not be at the calorie deficit you need to lose weight. but yes, also, water retention is almost always the reason for weight fluctuations like that.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Eat healthy means very little if you're not eating at a defecit - you need to weigh all your food on a digital scale, measure all your liquids and log it properly

Also on the flip side, your exercise should be logged accurately - it takes me 20 mins on an elliptical at heavy resistance and a 7kmph rate to burn close to 200 calories according to my HRM - how are you measuring your burn? If you use MFP database you need to half it

Get the figures right ...calories in less than calories out ...and you will lose
  • AnthonyThrashD
    AnthonyThrashD Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    well i don't believe that you're actually burning 200 calories in 10 minutes by slowly running and cycling. so if i correctly understood that part i would say you may not be at the calorie deficit you need to lose weight. but yes, also, water retention is almost always the reason for weight fluctuations like that.

This...you have to haul *kitten* to burn 200 calories in 10 min! Take it from a guy that has an IRonMan & GARMIN FR70 HRMs
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    TeamMe761 wrote: »
    i eat healthy and work out 10 min of running and cycling slowly to burn 200 cal but I went to 123 to 128 or 133 keep switching in the morning I was 128.0 I'm so sad am I doing something wrong?

well my advice to you is don't weight yourself every second of the day, pick a time , I would advice morning, before breakfast and keep constant track of your weight like that. It's quite normal your weight will have its ups and downs during the day, no need to worry about that though.

• acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options

This...you have to haul *kitten* to burn 200 calories in 10 min! Take it from a guy that has an IRonMan & GARMIN FR70 HRMs

Yes - definitely more than likely NOT burning 200 calories in only 10 minutes. I burn approx 700 calories doing Spin and I'm almost dying when I'm done, dripping in sweat and that's an hour. You have to really work hard to burn that much that quickly and slowly cycling/running isn't going to cause that.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I agree with numinous. Also there's zero point weighing yourself more than once a day if you are doing that. Weigh first thing in the morning. That's all. After that your weight goes up through the day.