So I discovered my favorite whiskey has alcohol...

Options

Replies

• LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Geojerm wrote: »
    I think someone switched your vodka with water .....
    I am forever getting my bottles mixed up....
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    jrline wrote: »
    Whisky or Bourbon are well worth the calories. :)

Not only that, but a reasonable pour of a good whiskey is usually only about 150 calories. Not a hard thing to fit in to your daily allotment!
  • martiniconqueso
    martiniconqueso Posts: 27 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    It appears that I may need to start skipping breakfast (is that bad for me?), in order to get my proper allotment of whiskey each day.

Just have a shot *for* breakfast then you needn't skip. What are they teaching kids these days, anyway?

• AMRROL
    AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Next you are going to tell me that Vodka is not a morning beverage. Oh noes
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    So I'm kicking back last night savoring a long, lingering finish of my Jameson 18 Year Old Limited Reserve, feeling warm and happy and I casually rotate the bottle to look at the back label..... and it says it contains alcohol!!! I was devastated by the trickery... I mean the lovely front label (all shiny green and gold and black) says absolutely nothing about alcohol... NOTHING!!!
    Did you know if you distill your own, it has no alcohol, and no calories.
  • dbmata
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Lol. Cinnamon toast crunch thread. Good one.
    There was this hipster *kitten* restaurant we used to get drunk near in SF. I think it was like Blue Plate, or Blue Light, or whatever. They tried to capture the feel of the old Woolworth's lunch counters.

Get this, cinnamon toast crunch french toast. It was almost like an Xzibit meme. So good when fully tossed.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    Options
    Ok... which one of you alkies abuse flagged me?
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Ok... which one of you alkies abuse flagged me?
    Oh you know its the MFP way now! Flag = like
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The good news is, once you drink enough, none of it matters! At least not for me!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Check my diary and you'll see that I am (very) aware whiskey has calories, but the alcohol thing is news to me! Any chance we can get alcohol listed as a macro? I'm certain I could hit that number!

Every darn day! I'd knock it out of the park!
  • dbmata
    Options
    Check my diary and you'll see that I am (very) aware whiskey has calories, but the alcohol thing is news to me! Any chance we can get alcohol listed as a macro? I'm certain I could hit that number!

And THAT folks.

Is an actual strong first post. :)

I'm in for a daily ethanol dosing goal.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    edited November 2014
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

And THAT folks.

I'm in...a long time ago I met a lonely man named Whiskey. He would not judge me. He would only listen to me and my slow moving disjointed ramblings. Many a bottle has been consumed, and my liver gently aches because of it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Now I have to fit it into my macros!?

What percentage of my calories should be from alcohol?

wait- so you're saying alcohol ISN"T a macro???
  • dbmata
    Options

And THAT folks.

I'm in...a long time ago I met a lonely man named Whiskey. He would not judge me. He would only listen to me and my slow moving disjointed ramblings. Many a bottle has been consumed, and my liver gently aches because of it.
    While you seem the kilted slant, I invite you to the hills of Kentucky, to explore a small place called Rowan's Creek. Quite excellent.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
  • LoneWolfRunner
    Options
    While you seem the kilted slant, I invite you to the hills of Kentucky, to explore a small place called Rowan's Creek. Quite excellent.
    I never turn my nose up at good Kentucky bourbon... I have had Knob Creek, but never heard of Rowan's Creek... will put it on my list.

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Not sure if my black label had any alcohol or calories but I did get a PB on chin-ups last time I partook, so actually improves sports performance.

Seriously considering it as a workout drink :smiley:
  • dbmata
    Options
    I never turn my nose up at good Kentucky bourbon... I have had Knob Creek, but never heard of Rowan's Creek... will put it on my list.
    and back to your highlanders (there can be only one.)

My current favorite:
    Bunnahaban Teotach.
  • dbmata
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »
    Not sure if my black label had any alcohol or calories but I did get a PB on chin-ups last time I partook, so actually improves sports performance.

Seriously considering it as a workout drink :smiley:

I want peanut butter.
  • focusedonfitness2015
    Options
    I think I need to do my own research on this...I'm gonna need some volunteers to be my test subjects. Any takers? I'd also like to find out what affect "said alcohol" has on the mind and actions before and after consumption. Should be interesting research...