the yo yo weight loss diet

Options
i weigh 180 and want to get to 165 in 3 weeks is that feesable?? i will eat right and bust my butt in exercise ... help with advise please my partner isnt much help :(

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Unless you are storing a lot of water weight, it won't be possible to do that. Without knowing your height, 1 to 1.5 lbs is probably ideal. Get a food scale, log daily and don't set overly aggressive goals. You didn't gain weight that quick, so dont' expect to lose it that quick.
  • Lian98
    Lian98 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I agree with @psulemon about this. Only losing water weight is quick, fat is another matter. I know you probably don't want to hear this, but try to take it slow. If you are trying to lose the weight for an event, I would recommend finding a really flattering dress (or suit, or whatever) for your body type. A well picked out outfit will make you look amazing without you having to push your body too far. :-)
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    you can lose 15 lbs of weight in that time (fat/water), but pure fat? no, most you can hope is about 9 lbs and that's with a hardcore psmf
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you have an event, go very low carb. You will drop water weight like it's your job. But once you eat carbs again, you will gain it all back. But it works in a pinch.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    ladytce wrote: »
    i weigh 180 and want to get to 165 in 3 weeks is that feesable??

No.

Maybe the first week or two you'll see upwards of a 5 pound loss from water weight, but after that it will slow down. I'm at 178 right now after losing 20 pounds (it took 2 months, not 4 weeks). The closer you are to your ideal weight the slower weight comes off. Crash dieting will not result in permanent loss, so don't even go down that road.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    No
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    That is not feasable.
  • ladytce
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advise.. will still work it off and weight train... wish me luck! :#