Need some workout suggestions

Currently I run about 4-5 days a week, ride 1-2 horses anywhere from 3-6 days a week, and do full body workouts a few times a week. I've just slimmed down to 137 - my goal weight is right around 130 - and I really want to start toning my muscles. My legs and calves are getting toned from running, but I need some workouts for my whole body that I can do. Preferably no equipment, but I do have 5lb weights and a medicine ball. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Have you looked at body weight exercises? Mark Lauren is probably one of the best known, but there are exercises available online, such as at fitnessblender.com.

5 lb. weights are only going to get you started - you need more to actually build up muscle, but there isn't any reason your own body couldn't be that "more"
  • annekaj14
    annekaj14 Posts: 3 Member
    I've looked around at body weight workouts, but I just want to see if anyone has any good ones that they enjoy :)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Well, I do not like Mark Lauren's writing style, nor the way he talks about women, but I do like the exercises.

When I say "like" I really mean I hate him right now because I moved up a level on my leg work and owwwww.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Check out You Are Your Own Gym and Convict Conditioning. They both have progressions to increase the workload in stuff like pushups and squats so that you're not just doing the same thing for more reps in the hopes that it shreds your muscles.
  • RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but rock climbing is a pretty good workout.
  • tonybrake
    tonybrake Posts: 2 Member
    Check out neilarey.com. There's a wide selection/variety of workouts there, most of which don't require any type of equipment. I've done a few of her "canned" workouts, particularly the HIIT (high-intensity interval training) workouts, but also designed a few of my own by taking parts of her various workouts that I like (or need) and stringing them together.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Not sure if bodyrock.tv is still around but she had some great workouts.