Starting over again..

Options
Recently this January I had made a account on myfitnesspal. I loved it! I successfully lost almost 40 pounds and felt great. After a while, I start going back to my old ways. I have recently gained 13 pounds from my loss. It is coming on a lot faster than I thought. I really need to make this change again for me and I could use a lot of support! I am going to be on here a lot so if you need support you can add me!
Thanks!

Replies

• Fantabulosity1
    Options
    Welcome home! ;) Request sent!
  • cjt_findingfit
    Options
    Welcome back!
    Perhaps a challenge group would help you get back in track.
    Check this one out.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100476-whole-100-challenge

Cheers,
    CJ
  • Rosewing23
    Options
    Thank CJ!
  • TemeraldMarie
    TemeraldMarie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Getting back on track myself.could use the support base :)
  • LuLu102476
    LuLu102476 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also started one earlier this year, and now I'm back,trying to once again lose weight and need encouragement :smile:
  • cheekychocolate
    Options
    Same boat, will send request :)
  • focus135
    Options
    Welcome ! Add me if you like. I'm on everyday and am 100 percent committed.
  • Littledorts
    Options
    I could be your Sister. Lost and Gained. This is our life, we just need to keep trying. We'll keep each other motivated :)
  • Nastastia
    Nastastia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am starting over again too. I ate healthy for 2 years then I got my wisdom teeth pulled and that was a year ago. I have gained over 20 back. =(
  • trishywishy914
    Options
    Hi Rose! I suppose it's the day of starting over! I'll friend you and we can totally win again! I too lost over 50 lbs and gained much of it back. So here we go again!
  • lissalr
    lissalr Posts: 3
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm starting over today also! Stumbled on the website and thought 'I think I'm a member????..' Lol AND YES I AM, joined a gym yesterday and today was my first LESMILLS BODY PUMP. I am pumped ready to shed this weight that makes me unhappy.

I am 168cm tall, and weigh 82 kilos last time I weighed my self.
    I don't own scales, (they stopped working) so am going off last known weight 3 weeks ago, hopefully haven't put more on.

Eating healthy and no chocolate is going to be hard! (Confessed chocoholic!)

I'm up for the lifestyle challenge, here's to day 1!

I will need support to!

All the best to everyone in their weight loss journey. ;-)

Goal weight - 65
  • FullLifeNeil
    FullLifeNeil Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You can do it! Request sent
  • GalaxyBird
    GalaxyBird Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off the wagon. Getting back on again and also looking for more pals to motivate and support. Congrats on losing 40 lbs!
  • edr2b
    edr2b Posts: 65 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Same here :)
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Ladies and gents. I believe the story of weight loss also includes weight gain.
    I am back on Atkins; someone told me I could set fitness pal to track carbs/fat/protein to use this approach. It really is the only one that 1. works weight loss for ME, 2. makes me feel good; my aches and pains, my lethargy disappear and 3. doesn't starve me. Keeping in mind that it needs to be done correctly; it is not a free for all with red meats, bacon, cheese. It is a free for all with veggies, lean meats and appropriate fat in combination. I am on 1500 calories /day.

This time however, it is different. I stopped drinking. Wine was my choice and have fooled myself into believing I can lose weight and drink wine at the same time.
    A "come to Jesus" meeting with my soul and gave it up when I started the diet a week ago. It was fine. I am fine. I have lost 3.5 lbs and don't bother to mention some is water, because, obviously, I know that. I also have become something of an expert in this field.

I DO exercise a lot; elliptical machine almost everyday and pilates 2X
    s a week. It is finally working. Finally.

Will I ever drink again? Sure, but for now, this is what I choose.

The only person who can do this who can know the whole truth about your efforts is us.
  • cjt_findingfit
    Options
    Rosewing23 wrote: »
    Thank CJ!

You're most welcome.

• emilyasdf
    emilyasdf Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I've been off the MFP wagon for a little while and am trying to get back on. I've successfully maintained my weight, but I want to continue to lose and am looking for support.. especially from someone who understands what it's like to fall off. Will be sending a request.