Looking for friends and motivation to loose my last 20!!

Options
Hey all,
So I just read an article on MFP saying that the #1 thing you need to do if you want to loose weight is find friends to do it with. So, this is me, looking for friends!
About me : I'm French, 34-yo and I started my diet almost a year and a half ago and lost 52 pounds so far and want to loose about 20 more but... Well I feel kind of stuck. I don't have anyone to share this experience with because all the people I know who got interested in MFP gave up. Moral support is really important on this journey and I don't feel people around me understand what I'm "going through" and that I need an extra push. I also would like to get more fit in the little time I have free.
But I'm not only looking for support, this is a 2-way street. I can myself be a support to help others loose the weight... And I can give cooking advise

Replies

• WantBestME
    WantBestME Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My journey is also similar. I came down from 183lbs to 138 now. I have the last 13-15lbs to lose..
    All the best!!
  • sofchol
    sofchol Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, you too !
  • WantBestME
    Options
    sofchol wrote: »
    Thanks, you too !

People around me push me - but to eat more food... For them, i have reached my goal(but i haven't yet) so they want me to go back eating "Normal" food.. To avoid their pleas is my biggest challenge!
  • sofchol
    sofchol Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't really get any support... Sometimes it feels like people ignore what I'm doing altogether. I know I can do it, I just need someone to believe it with me! So good luck to us!
  • audreyanderson4
    audreyanderson4 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    hi
  • WantBestME
    Options
    sofchol wrote: »
    Well, I don't really get any support... Sometimes it feels like people ignore what I'm doing altogether. I know I can do it, I just need someone to believe it with me! So good luck to us!

Yeah.. People need to believe and acknowledge our effort. Its not a easy thing to say NO to our favorite food. It feels good when people do recognize our efforts and compliment us! Even if its a small victory of 1lbs drop or a old cloth fitting now.