Has anyone completed the James Duncan Diet?

Options
JimmyH95
JimmyH95 Posts: 27 Member
Hi there,

New to this but would like to chat with like minded people so hello!

Has anyone tried the James Duncan diet and how much weight did you lose?
I would just like peoples experiences please, I don't want people telling me how unhealthy it is etc.

Thanks

http://www.jaduncan.com/2006/04/how-i-lost-stone-in-week.html

: )

Replies

• hastingsmassage
    hastingsmassage Posts: 162 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Diet won't make you lose weight. You need to find new lifestyle....There is no way to make you lose stone a week. Safe way is maximum 2 lbs. Its a slow process. Your duncan idea is not unhealthy, just stupid.
  • JimmyH95
    Options
    I would just like peoples experiences please, I don't want people telling me how unhealthy it is etc.
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't have experience with this diet and I don't know how much a stone is. But what I can tell you about this diet is that you will definitely lose weight, it is a very low calorie diet restriction. The problem with things like this is people tend to crash and burn. You will lose a bunch of weight initially, however you will start to have cravings and will end up binge eating.
    While I haven't done this particular one before I have done things like the lemonade diet, and the juice diet, and the cabbage diet. All similar heavy calorie restrictions. Results lost 5-10 lbs within 2 weeks, put the 5-10 back on within a month.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    No but i have tried the dunkin donut diet.... that is why i'm here... now...^^
  • JimmyH95
    Options
    I am just looking for people who have done the diet and their weight loss, not what may or may not happen according to your opinion. Thanks : )
  • jonnysharpe
    jonnysharpe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    JimmyH95 wrote: »
    I am just looking for people who have done the diet and their weight loss, not what may or may not happen according to your opinion. Thanks : )

This is a direct answer to your question. Not an opportunity to get blasted by a bunch of people who haven't tried it.
    Did the diet. Lost 3kg. Kept the weight off. No ill effects. It's only 1 week and it's low calorie, not VLCD (IMHO).
    Those are the facts, if that's what you want. But everyone is different. I did put a little back on, but it then came off again through normal healthy eating and exercise.

I got quite a lot of abuse for this on the other thread, I guess because the results for me did not fit into the fixed world view of some people. MyFitnessFascist is more appropriate for some.

I'm not getting dragged into another debate, I'm just presenting the facts and answering your question
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have not done this diet but it looks ok from a nutrition point of view - lots of fresh food and protein. I do not think that I would lose a stone in a week on it but would be interested to see other peoples results.

Thanks jonnysharpe for the feedback.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Way to bump a zombie post. Didn't your own thread on this get deleted because it turned into an utter bunfight?
  • jonnysharpe
    jonnysharpe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Way to bump a zombie post. Didn't your own thread on this get deleted because it turned into an utter bunfight?

No. I don't have my own thread on this. I don't care if this thread is 1st or 1,000,000th in a list, I was just answering a question and checking other people's experiences.

But thanks for your vital feedback
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!