help

Options
Hi my body is holding onto water by the end of the night my legs look like stumps how can I get my body to release the extra water and I do drink 5 glasses of water a day HELP THANK YOU

Replies

• Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    Drink more water.
  • slimrb2011
    slimrb2011 Posts: 122
    Options
    I would have to say increase your daily water intake to at least 8 oz or more. Also watch your sodium if you aren't already. I watch sodium almost more than calories because it causes such water retention.
  • Laurieannfanelli
    Laurieannfanelli Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Green Tea Green Tea Green Tea greatest thing since food LOL!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Drink more! it'll flush out whatever it is thats making you hold onto it.
  • ameeann
    ameeann Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Take a trip to your doctors it could be bad circulation . . . but also a vitamin B complex tablet should help quite a bit!

and as said before keep an eye on sodium intake (not just the stuff you add in but the sodium in pre made food too) and make sure your drinking 2.5 litres of water a day!!

Hope it get's better soon!
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi my body is holding onto water by the end of the night my legs look like stumps how can I get my body to release the extra water and I do drink 5 glasses of water a day HELP THANK YOU

Have you ever been assessed for PVD? You may have issues with circulation. You can have a doppler or venous study done to determine if you have poor venous flow and you may benefit from wearing compression stockings.
    If this is an everyday thing, I would recommend seeing your primary health care provider/physician
    In the mean time you can see if wearing support stockings (can buy them at the drug store without prescription they are only mild compression) is helpful.
    And as long as you don't have any cardiac issues you can try increasing your water intake.

(Well anyone without arterial disease can benefit from compression stockings)