So I discovered my favorite whiskey has alcohol...

Options
124»

Replies

• glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Just mix it in hot coffee. That takes care of everything.

Brilliant!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you, and I'mma let you finish. But... you can warm up a coffee liquer, and then mix your liquor into that.
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Going to check all this out on Snopes.
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I miss my beer :(
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

I run for beer!
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I strongly recommend some therapeutic reunification counseling.
  • SXMEnrico
    SXMEnrico Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    So I'm kicking back last night savoring a long, lingering finish of my Jameson 18 Year Old Limited Reserve, feeling warm and happy and I casually rotate the bottle to look at the back label..... and it says it contains alcohol!!! I was devastated by the trickery... I mean the lovely front label (all shiny green and gold and black) says absolutely nothing about alcohol... NOTHING!!!

So I get to googling (with more Jameson just in case my particular bottle is an anomaly) and I discovered that not only does it truly contain alcohol, it also has calories! I know! I was as shocked as you... I mean the stuff goes down just like water, right? So now I'm on a mission (with more Jameson because I'm still not believing this) and find out that ALL whiskey has alcohol in it...wtf? And apparently the only place it ever tells you that is on the back. Now I'm freaking because, like what's next? Vodka? Tequila? Rum?

I think it would be helpful to all of us here if MFP would put up some kind of notice advising members about this deceptive labeling practice....

haha...I enjoy a dram of single malt every now and then as well...all you can do is log it.

• glevinso
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »

I run for beer!

Long ago, I came to the conclusion that the reason I do Ironman races is so I can drink beer without worrying about calories...
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I was told last night that I shouldn't drink whiskey because of the calories... I calmly explained that it is people who say things like that which make me need the whiskey.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    jsecret wrote: »
    I was told last night that I shouldn't drink whiskey because of the calories... I calmly explained that it is people who say things like that which make me need the whiskey.

You should have a shot every time someone spews sacrilege like that.
  • glevinso
    Options
    jsecret wrote: »

Yes!

Honestly this is why the MFP "plan" of simply eating within your limits is perfect. You eat what you want, generally *try* to keep it "healthy" and fill in the rest with whatever you like.

I admit that there are many days where my calorie deficit is 1500-2000 due to large training loads. My beer and whiskey consumption goes up those days. Occasionally I resort to drinking actual HFCS-laden CocaCola or Mt Dew if I need extra calories and I am still at work... *GASP*!!! The Horror!

• dbmata
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    HFCS-laden CocaCola or Mt Dew if I need extra calories and I am still at work... *GASP*!!! The Horror!
    For truth.

Drink the mexican made stuff, MUCH better. ;)
  • glevinso
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    glevinso wrote: »
    HFCS-laden CocaCola or Mt Dew if I need extra calories and I am still at work... *GASP*!!! The Horror!
    For truth.

Drink the mexican made stuff, MUCH better. ;)

Always do if I can get it. But if I am at work and NEED CALORIES NOW, well, the vending machine with HFCS is my only choice.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I used to keep a case of that stuff in the basement last year when I was running Angels and revolver back to back in an effort to self harm. lol.
  • glevinso
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I used to keep a case of that stuff in the basement last year when I was running Angels and revolver back to back in an effort to self harm. lol.

You are a sick puppy...

:smiley:
  • rgonyer
    rgonyer Posts: 4
    edited November 2014
    Options
    davemunger wrote: »
    Thanks. You just ruined my evening. Even worse:

wine-nutrition-facts-calorie-chart1.png

That hurts. It's my downfall, I have to admit on the weekends (Friday/Saturday nights), it's unusual that I DON'T go through a bottle of dry red each night. Having said that, watching the rest of my intake over the week and working out a lot more, I've still managed to lose 15 lbs in the last 3 months.