Seeking someone to kick my butt into gear, and I'll do the same for you!

Hi (potential) new friends!

My name is Kim, and I am so sick and tired of constantly WANTING to lose weight, and not doing a bloody thing about it!

I've been yo-yo'ing like a champ for YEARS, gaining 30 lbs in University 7 years ago, dropping it all off 3 years ago, and since I've gotten comfortable when I started dating my now husband it has creeped back in full force.

I can always stick out a diet for the first week, or 10 lbs, whichever comes first. Same goes for exercise. It's not that I'm bad at it, I just have terrible time management skills.

I work nights, and they are 10 hour shifts, during which time, I don't eat anything (Just because I'm not hungry...trust me... I'm not starving myself!) But my days off are killers. I eat so much junk food.

I'm looking for someone else who feels the same way I feel, and has just had ENOUGH of living this way. I'm a 25/f in Canada, and I've got 55lbs to go. Ideally, I'd like to find someone, or multiple someones that can relate to my story, reach out to me! I need people like you in my life.

We can't reach our full potential alone, right? :)

Replies

• castlefuzz
    castlefuzz Posts: 99 Member
    I understand the same thing.I am trying have more positive people in my life to get me motivated to get my but in gear to be healthier
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Feel free to add - active logger and always looking for those who are truly here for a change in their life
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    what kind of butt kick? sweet, tender and kind and forgiving? or realistic tough love?
  • yoovie
    you gotta be specific because if we give you the wrong one, we'll get reported for abuse.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Feel free to add - active logger and always looking for those who are truly here for a change in their life

Same here. I won't kick your butt but if you are serious, you can add me for encouragement
  • amphilion
    amphilion Posts: 89 Member
    Same for me! I`m stalled with 25lbs still to lose!!

I wok days, i`m eating really healthy, and working out, but sometimes, i just loose the motivation.

I`m 32/F leaving in Montreal, Canada.

I`m two years with my boyfriend, who eats anything and stays skinny! So I cannot relate to him at all.

Hope we can help each other!

Anne Marie
  • samanthafinnie
    samanthafinnie Posts: 29 Member
    I do the exact same thing. Lose 10lbs then gain then get off the wagon. I hear ya about wokring lots-i work two jobs, on fridays i usually put in 16 plus hours. Whats really hard as well is on the weekends at my 2nd job is that it is a pub--so tons of food and booze around.
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    I can relate. I lost some weight, met my now husband, and gained it all back. I'm working to get rid of it again. I have 30+ lbs left to lose. I'm often motivated for a week or two, then I tend to slack and need a kick in the butt. Feel free to add me!
  • morgiee_lynne
    morgiee_lynne Posts: 141 Member
    I can totally relate. It's like you'll get motivated and then you exhert all your motivation and need like a break but during that break ruin all the hard work you did. You can totally add me for the extra help you are looking for. I am in the same boat. About 60lbs to loose and don't want to stop until I get there this time.
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Feel Free to add me as well!! I'm always looking for motivational friends. I also run challenges to help kick people (myself included) in the butt! And I am Really Looking for a morning workout buddy! I KNOW if I got to the gym before work it would do me a world of good with the afterburn all day but getting up at 4 am is just not happening! Would love to find someone who wanted to do the same and could give me that swift kick in the early morning and I could do the same! Much easier to not find excuses if someone is relying on you! Anyone interested in that PLEASE let me know!!
  • KimberlinaB
    KimberlinaB Posts: 4,016 Member
    yoovie wrote: »
    what kind of butt kick? sweet, tender and kind and forgiving? or realistic tough love?

Definitely the realistic tough love. I'm not opposed to having things said to me that keep me on track. :) haha
  • Hi (potential) new friends!

My name is Kim, and I am so sick and tired of constantly WANTING to lose weight, and not doing a bloody thing about it!

I've been yo-yo'ing like a champ for YEARS, gaining 30 lbs in University 7 years ago, dropping it all off 3 years ago, and since I've gotten comfortable when I started dating my now husband it has creeped back in full force.

I can always stick out a diet for the first week, or 10 lbs, whichever comes first. Same goes for exercise. It's not that I'm bad at it, I just have terrible time management skills.

I work nights, and they are 10 hour shifts, during which time, I don't eat anything (Just because I'm not hungry...trust me... I'm not starving myself!) But my days off are killers. I eat so much junk food.

I'm looking for someone else who feels the same way I feel, and has just had ENOUGH of living this way. I'm a 25/f in Canada, and I've got 55lbs to go. Ideally, I'd like to find someone, or multiple someones that can relate to my story, reach out to me! I need people like you in my life.

We can't reach our full potential alone, right? :)

• Wow I can't believe I just read the essay you wrote. I am fed up with this weight gain as well. I have been carrying this for 1 year and a half years and refuse to let my life pass me by. It's amazing how much our appearance effects every other goal we set for ourselves. Add me I'm online daily because I am in a business when looks are everything so you know I'm serious.
  • yoovie
    My advice?

You need to educate yourself about nutrition and weight loss and fitness and pick out a program. if you're going all over the place all willy nilly with no aim and no plotted path of progression, then you're spinning your wheels at the starting line forever.

Figure out how to be painfully specific in your goals.
    Adopt a program.
    Throw motivation out the window and do it whether you want to or not.
    Progress with aim.
    Be consistent.
    Be balanced between nutrition, cardio, strength and rest.
    Set goals.
    Respect your goals.
    Remember that no one is going to put in the work for you.
    There are no shortcuts.
    Only you can keep yourself going.

And you need to stand up and prove that you weren't lying when you said you wanted this. Actions speak louder than words.
This discussion has been closed.