Too bad all those free, pretty-looking donuts in the rec room are made of 100% poison.

Options
I mean I am sure they would taste delicious, if only they weren't made with 100% ricin flour. That's why I can't even think of touching them.

(Free treats at work, especially this time of the year, are SO annoying! I don't buy junk food at the grocery store anymore but it somehow still rears its ugly head!)

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    STALE. They look pretty but are completely and totally STALE.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    How does it feel being the lone survivor in a sea of donut-eating idiots?
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I have left over halloween candy AND cookies in my vicinity... i've already had a few. I just need to take an extra walk or two today.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    sylkates wrote: »
    I mean I am sure they would taste delicious, if only they weren't made with 100% ricin flour. That's why I can't even think of touching them.

(Free treats at work, especially this time of the year, are SO annoying! I don't buy junk food at the grocery store anymore but it somehow still rears its ugly head!)

Yes totally annoying vs pretty awesome someone decided to share with their co workers out of the goodness of their hearts
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    How does it feel being the lone survivor in a sea of donut-eating idiots?

i would happily fall victim to a sea of donuts...
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I successfully avoided them for the entire time! Yay!

And of course it's a nice gesture to share. It's just a pity I literally can't partake at my height, weight, activity level, and goal weight. Maybe next year's holiday season, after I have more muscular mass, I could take one every now and then.

Some people in my company joke that its initials actually stand for a phrase along the lines of "gain 10 pounds" for this exact reason. The pastries are constant.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Mmm. Toxic carbs...

260sfar.gif
  • RadiantChange
    RadiantChange Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What a great way to put it..."Poison"
  • sylkates
    Options
    ELSIE where is the upvote button! :D
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »

Yes totally annoying vs pretty awesome someone decided to share with their co workers out of the goodness of their hearts

^^^ This.

In for workplace sabotage and imagining good food has poison in it just to avoid partaking in something that was a totally nice gesture by someone in your office....

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Hmm TIL I've not only been sabotaging my coworkers, but poisoning them. :indifferent:

• willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

^^^ This.

In for workplace sabotage and imagining good food has poison in it just to avoid partaking in something that was a totally nice gesture by someone in your office....

My office brought in bagels and cream cheese today. I ate one (sesame with cream cheese FTW), and can you believe it... I'm still under my calories for the day. B@st@rds! They're all trying to sabotage me.

Edited because MFP didn't like my bad word.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

You should go to Human Resources. This is unacceptable. How dare your co-workers not cater to your dietary needs/restrictions.
  • sylkates
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

^^^ This.

Workplace sabotage? I was just posting this as a joke, goodness gracious. Just expressing how hard it is to avoid junk food when you have a humongous sweet tooth and no caloric space for it. Of course it was a gesture of good will. There is no way in hell I would ever bring this up with any coworkers since I know it was a gesture of good will.

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Hmm TIL I've not only been sabotaging my coworkers, but poisoning them. :indifferent:

You are a horrible horrible person, and I love you for it! I'm also extremely jealous of your co-workers.

TIL you can make longer subject titles in the forums now.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear you were joking... but this is the second thread in two days about workplace sabotage with food brought in by others. I know people are generally not serious about these things but I will never understand how it is other people's responsibility to keep someone on track with their goals.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    in...to find out how donuts are poisoning me...
  • sylkates
    edited November 2014
    Options
  • sylkates
    edited November 2014
    Options