Which scale to buy?

Options
I am looking to replace my current bathroom scale. Even with new batteries replaced, my scale is not reliable. If I weigh myself, step off & reset, I get a different weight - usually 2+ pounds difference. Repeat steps & the third weigh in will again be different! Frustrated!! I am looking at Weight Watchers scales by Conair. Anyone have one of these? Any other recommendations? Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I've actually seen posts on here against Weight Watchers/Conair bathroom scales. I'd recommend mine, but it isn't sold anymore.

I've seen that the EatSmart scales are highly recommended (around $30 on amazon).
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I have the WW and I love it.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I have a Tanita body fat scale, it is just OK. I don't use the body fat part because it's notoriously unreliable, and I do get different readings (but not by 2 pounds!). I wouldn't recommend it, but it is what I have and as long as the overall trend is down I'm not fed up enough to buy a new one, I just take 3 readings in a row and average them (or if 2 of the readings happen to match, I use that).
  • agaraffa
    agaraffa Posts: 27 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I use the "Withings Smart Body Analyzer"... It's expensive, but I really like it.

withings.com/us/store/devices/smart-body-analyzer.html
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have the Weight Watcher's scale by Conair, and so far I've no complaints whatsoever. It calculates your weight to the tenth of a pound, which is neat. It also measures your body fat percentage, water percentage, and BMI. My old scale was a simple dial scale and about 10 pounds off-- so I was definitely happy with the change over... I bought it at meijer for about $30. So, for the price and what it does, I would certainly recommend it...
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Just out of curiosity... Have you noticed that someone is following you around the forum and flagging every single post you write as abuse? Someone must really have it in for you! O.O
  • drenee2424
    drenee2424 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I would really like to get the FitBit Aria but just can't afford it at this time....
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

Just out of curiosity... Have you noticed that someone is following you around the forum and flagging every single post you write as abuse? Someone must really have it in for you! O.O

I noticed it too lol.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

I noticed this yesterday!

As for the OP - I have no clue, but I'm following this post because I totally hate my bathroom scale

• SEAFOODMAN
    Options
    the one that gives you the lowest number...... :)
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    COSTCO sells a WW digital scale that is great and not very expensive. Weights to the ounce too.
  • missability
    Options
    Hi! I did some looking back in Sept 2012 and found at that time that the "Eat Smart" scales...both body, and food, were there highest 5-star rated online. So I went to Amazon and purchased this one: http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1415731216&sr=8-4&keywords=eatsmart Other than changing batteries twice in 2 years, it has been spot on! I loved it so much that once I lost my first 50lbs I bought the food scale. Also the customer service of this small company is stellar! Last year one of the little feet snapped when I kicked it, (accidentally) into the baseboard. Considering I was over 300pounds when I began, and weigh everyday, it was not surprising that those little feet may have loosened a bit. I called the company, and the gentleman could not have been any nicer. It was past warranty, but he sent out 4 new feet, free of charge, (just in case it happened again), and detailed instructions on putting it on. Which wasn't necessary, it was super simple. But very nice of him all the same. In my book customer service is key, and I am willing to pay a couple dollars more for it. This scale is currently $35...But I have paid as much as $24 for an off brand at walmart, and they never last more than a year with daily use...Good luck to you!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    drenee2424 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone. I would really like to get the FitBit Aria but just can't afford it at this time....

Don't bother Fitbit Aria. Very expensive. Very inconsistent. It would change suddenly decide to add or subtract 200 g on 4 consecutive weigh-ins. Plus there's no reset button.

Nice design and app, not so good scale.

Edit: I kept the Bosch scales. It's got weight, bmi, BF% and water %. The BF% is kinda so-so, going up slightly if I drink a glass of water. But when I'm naked in morning it's pretty consistent and also in line with measurements I've compared with standard ways to do it, navy method etc.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    drenee2424 wrote: »

I just got the Withings one that doesn't do body fat and love it. It's $80 with a 20% off coupon from Bed, Bath and Beyond. Still pricey but I'm really glad I did it. Imagine weighing yourself first thing in the morning, not even looking at the reading, and just checking your 20-day trend later in the day or week at your pc, when you feel more detached?
  • ErikaKBee
    ErikaKBee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I second the EATSmart Kitchen Scale and the EatSmart Precision GetFit Body Fat Scale. They are both fantastic due to accuracy and ease of use. I'm too cheap to buy a bluetooth scale and these get the job done at a fraction of the price.
  • ChrisM32205
    ChrisM32205 Posts: 218 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have the EatSmart one from Amazon with the large blue digital display. I love it!!

I believe this is the one I have, although they changed the look a little.

amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-MaxView-Digital-Bathroom/dp/B00M7B5IHA/ref=lp_344746011_1_4?s=bedbath&ie=UTF8&qid=1415735011&sr=1-4
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

As for the OP - I have no clue, but I'm following this post because I totally hate my bathroom scale

laughs yep I noticed and MFP staff knows who it is. Some people have nothing better to do than to hide behind their computers, instead of just outright stating a grievance. I'm here for me and to share what I've learned with others.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

laughs yep I noticed and MFP staff knows who it is. Some people have nothing better to do than to hide behind their computers, instead of just outright stating a grievance. I'm here for me and to share what I've learned with others.

Bahahaha, wow. Well now you have a fighting chance competing with MrM for most flags. But be warned, I will be stepping up my game :smiling_imp: