Haven't Lost Any Weight in over 2 Months

Options
13»

Replies

• bokaba
    bokaba Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    New plan posted for today. Chicken and rice will be weighed and everything else that is not prepackaged will be measured. There will be no way I can possibly be over.

Coffee - Brewed, espresso, 2 fluid ounce 2
    Oatmeal Quick Oats - Great Value, 1/2 Dry Cup 150

Lunch

T - Tomato Slice, 2 slice 10
    Organic Produce - Gala Apple, 0.5 medium apple 40
    Baby Carrots, Raw - Usda', 85 g 35
    Sara Lee - Light 100% Whole Wheat Bread, 2 slice 90
    Kraft - Mayonaisse With Olive Oil, 0.5 level tbsp 18
    Salad - Romain and Green Leaf, 1 cups 8
    Oscar Meyer - Oven-Roasted Chicken Breast (Lunchmeat), 2 slices 60

Dinner

Protein - Tyson Chicken Breast, 8 oz 280
    Rice - Brown, medium-grain, cooked, 0.5 cup 109
    Vegetable - Broccoli (Usda), 100 Grams 34
    Trader Joes - Organic Whole Green Beans, 3 oz 25

Snacks

Luna Bar - Lemon Zest, 1 bar (48g) 180
    Spinach - Raw, 2 cup 14
    Strawberries - Raw, 4 small (1" dia) 9
    Trader Joes - Carrot Juice, 2 oz 20

I may throw in some more oatmeal or fiber cereal if I am still hungry before bed.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I would honestly not worry about 'starvation' effects if you're not losing. I'm guessing you are obese, given your 3200-4000 TDEE estimate? I think you could be losing fat and your exercise is causing other changes that are masking scale results.

But if you're obese, you can lose more than 2 lbs./week, too. Fear of undereating shouldn't be forcing you to eat over 2200, if you ask me. No one obese needs that many calories. And if you're obese, your body would be better served by getting out of that range sooner, not later.

Ask your doctor but a clinic program is going to probably start you off eating a fraction of what you are now, and will take a lot of money for it.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    acorsaut89 wrote: »
    I'm seeing a lot of inaccuracies in your diary.

Nov 10
    -Lowfat - Whole Wheat Pancakes, 3 pancakes: Use a food scale.
    -Apple - Green - Small, 2 - Raw : That is meaningless. 2 small apples could be any size.
    -Strawberries - Raw, 4 small (1" dia): Meaningless, use a food scale.
    -Fruit - Banana (2 Fruit), 0.25 banana: Meaningless, use a food scale.
    -Pizza - Plain Cheese, 3.5 Slice: Meaningless, use a food scale.

Nov 9
    -T - Tomato Slice, 2 slice: Meaningless, use a food scale.
    -Cheese - Swiss, 1 cubic inch: Meaningless, use a food scale.
    -Romaine - Chopped Romaine, 2 cups: Meaningless, use a food scale.
    -Olives - Black, Pitted, 3 large: Meaningless, use a food scale.
    -Pizza - Plain Cheese, 3.5 Slice: Meaningless, use a food scale.
    -Spinach - Raw, 2 cup: Meaningless, use a food scale.
    -Trader Joes - Coconut Cream, 1/6 CUP: Do you have a 1/6 cup measuring cup?
    -Oatmeal Quick Oats - Great Value, 1/2 Dry Cup: Meaningless, use a food scale.

Nov 8
    -Trader Joes - French Toast, 2 slices: Unless pre-packaged, this is probably inaccurate. Does this include the syrup/toppings?
    -Homemade - Sanwich-Turkey, 1 sandwich: Did you create this entry using the recipe builder? Otherwise, it's inaccurate.

Just curious, but how do you have a half slice of pizza? If I'm having a slice of pizza, I have a slice of pizza ha ha

You've never gotten full mid-slice? Even on your fourth?

• WalkingAlong
    Options
    That menu above is dropping your calories to like 1100, right? Do you think that's sustainable or are you thinking of just doing that until you see the scale comply some?
  • Alison423
    Alison423 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cut out all whea/grains and all dairy for a few weeks and see what happens. Those items could be causing your GERD. Cut way back on carbs, especially sugar and increase lean protein and vegetables. Good luck to you on your journey. Don't give up.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    That menu above is dropping your calories to like 1100, right? Do you think that's sustainable or are you thinking of just doing that until you see the scale comply some?

This is a good question.

I think dropping your calories some and being really precise with logging are both good ideas, but there's no need to be extreme.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    OP - I started out at 305 lbs. I wasn't using MFP at the time and just decided to "do my own thing". I knew that I wanted to weigh around 200 lbs so I figured out that to weigh 200 lbs I would need to eat somewhere around 2000 calories and that's what I ate. I actually carried around a little pad of paper and wrote things down.

Point is - I didn't start weighing my food and logging exercise and getting anal about things until that quit working. To be honest, it worked for a long time until I got down to about 230-240 lbs when I needed to get a little bit more accurate. You have so much weight to lose, you don't need to worry about if you ate 100g of banana or 110g... it isn't going to make much difference because you can tolerate a larger deficit than you are probably on.

I'm a big fan of K.I.S.S. - you don't need to make things complicated yet. Pick a calorie goal that makes sense. Log your food HONESTLY and be conservative. If there are two entries for pizza, choose the one that is higher in calories and move along.

While I love food scales and weigh nearly everything I eat, if you are 283 lbs and can't lose weight over 2 months, you are just not logging your food correctly. A food scale isn't going to help with that because it probably isn't the amounts you are using but inaccurate entries to start with. Just because you found it in the food database doesn't mean its accurate. Use a sanity check or use the USDA food database entries.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    also, be sure to add in butters and oils - especially if you eat out much. If it is made in a restaurant, you can pretty much assume it has more fat or some sort.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    bokaba wrote: »
    New plan posted for today. Chicken and rice will be weighed and everything else that is not prepackaged will be measured. There will be no way I can possibly be over.

Coffee - Brewed, espresso, 2 fluid ounce 2
    Oatmeal Quick Oats - Great Value, 1/2 Dry Cup 150

Lunch

T - Tomato Slice, 2 slice 10
    Organic Produce - Gala Apple, 0.5 medium apple 40
    Baby Carrots, Raw - Usda', 85 g 35
    Sara Lee - Light 100% Whole Wheat Bread, 2 slice 90
    Kraft - Mayonaisse With Olive Oil, 0.5 level tbsp 18
    Salad - Romain and Green Leaf, 1 cups 8
    Oscar Meyer - Oven-Roasted Chicken Breast (Lunchmeat), 2 slices 60

Dinner

Protein - Tyson Chicken Breast, 8 oz 280
    Rice - Brown, medium-grain, cooked, 0.5 cup 109
    Vegetable - Broccoli (Usda), 100 Grams 34
    Trader Joes - Organic Whole Green Beans, 3 oz 25

Snacks

Luna Bar - Lemon Zest, 1 bar (48g) 180
    Spinach - Raw, 2 cup 14
    Strawberries - Raw, 4 small (1" dia) 9
    Trader Joes - Carrot Juice, 2 oz 20

I may throw in some more oatmeal or fiber cereal if I am still hungry before bed.

You've just outlined a menu.... without weighed measurements. So you have no idea how accurate your calorie estimates are. And it's 1100 calories, as already mentioned.

Your goal is set to 2460. So... eat 2460 calories tomorrow, and the next day, and for the next 4-6 weeks, and then see how much weight you've lost. Weigh everything that you decide to eat (even prepackaged foods if you want to be really precise - I only don't weigh like.. canned tuna if I'm going to eat the whole thing. Or pudding. But I weight pretty much everything else, even prepackaged, individual foods if its' feasible to weigh it).