Looking younger when 30

Options

Replies

• ChasesMumma927
    ChasesMumma927 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    LynneW1983 wrote: »
    I feel your pain I am not up for this crows feet crap. Maybe go invest in new makeup.

Ugh right yuck !! Lol
  • chloepatra
    chloepatra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sunscreen. Every. Day. Take care of yourself and use appropriate moisturizer for your skin type AND don't forget to put it on your neck, too! A lot of women neglect that and although their faces are glowing, their necks are not so much. You're never going to look like you're 20 again. People age. Age gracefully but take care of yourself and don't try too hard to cover up your flaws or your wrinkles bc as others have stated, that usually makes you look older and like you're trying too hard.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    1) buy clothes at forever 21

2) hair style: long hair or bangs. or both.

3) little to no makeup.

4) stand in front of liquor stores waiting to ask someone to buy alcohol for you....for sure people will think you are still 20.

• Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    1) buy clothes at forever 21

2) hair style: long hair or bangs. or both.

3) little to no makeup.

4) stand in front of liquor stores waiting to ask someone to buy alcohol for you....for sure people will think you are still 20.

And wear leggings with stomach-baring tops.

But...I'm going to say..embrace 30.

I'm 31 and one of the best things about this age is I can afford to dress like I want - irrespective of what is in fashion. Though I am wearing leggings today. But I also wear clothes that work for me and my body type and they may have been in fashion 5 years ago or 30 years ago.

But I make it work. And a 20 something told me that on Friday too. So you know.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I think it's all about attitude. If you act young and feel young then you will her perceived as young. Losing weight does help a lot. Since losing weight I've had people guess I was in my late 20s, most often early 30s though.

I generally wear jeans and t shirts but if you keep your clothes un old-ladylike that helps a lot too. I've been out with people the same age and they are dressed in unflattering clothes and people assume I'm younger.

You look great though so just enjoy life.
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Amen @Joannah700! I am 31 and I CELEBRATED turning 30! It is a fabulous age. Old enough to know who I am, have some direction and idea of what I'm doing in my career, but still feeling like I have the best years ahead of me. I DEF don't want to look like who I was in my early 20s....

That said... yes, Sunscreen. Working out. Lots of water. And a good skincare regimen.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    chloepatra wrote: »
    Sunscreen. Every. Day. Take care of yourself and use appropriate moisturizer for your skin type AND don't forget to put it on your neck, too! A lot of women neglect that and although their faces are glowing, their necks are not so much. You're never going to look like you're 20 again. People age. Age gracefully but take care of yourself and don't try too hard to cover up your flaws or your wrinkles bc as others have stated, that usually makes you look older and like you're trying too hard.

QFT, or this happens!!

vagina_neck.jpg

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Why do women hate being old?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    wheird wrote: »
    Why do women hate being old?

I don't, I'm lovin my 50's! However that's NOT OLD is it? ;)

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    We both know that answer.
  • galenaiow
    galenaiow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Daily Cleanse, toner, moisturise. Drink plenty of water, stay active and remember sun ages you. Oh and a younger husband works for me ;)
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I don't do much, I on occasion put some moisturiser on if my skin is feeling dry but that's it. Although I've seen that people with kids look older than those without, generally.

I'm 29 but often get ID'd for things like alcohol.

Eat well, exercise more, look younger, live longer.
  • ChasesMumma927
    Options
    THANKS
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    You look great!! You don't need to look like your in your 20's. Just make the most of what you have, moisturise, eat well, exercise and rest.

After looking at your friends list like someone stated above you might want to review alot of the support you have on here!! People with really bad views on diet will not help you xx
  • ChasesMumma927
    Options
    Thank you Laoch_Cailin
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to look 30...but I'm 45. It's been a long time since I've gotten carded...although I did occasionally get asked for ID into my early 30s.

Now I am trying to grow old gracefully...to accept the changes in my face, body, and hair (well...not the hair so much...which is why I have an appointment with my colorist next week...the "greylights" are starting to pop up again.)

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    spade117 wrote: »
    Have you tried twerking?

Really? Hillarious!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Stay out of the sun....and the tanning bed. I'm 32, people are usually surprised. I wear sunscreen every day and I don't tan.
  • Dawmelvan
    Dawmelvan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Accept that you are a 30 something mom :-) It's a beautiful new stage of life. Moisturize, dress in style for your size and age, stay out of the sun as others have said, drink lots of water, and eat healthfully. Age with grace is the best we can do. I am a 30 something mom too, so trust me, I understand.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    I get told I look anywhere from underage, to 19, to 21. I'm 29. I'm confused, but not enough to care :P