Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fat or Saggy Skin??

2»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Yeah but is that plank ladies tummy fat or excess skin?
  • mommy2626
    mommy2626 Posts: 32 Member
    Im sure I have some of both, I am 5 ft 1.5 :) and 119 lbs. I have given birth 7 times. Lots of stretch!! but I dont know how to get rid of it!!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited November 2014
    Yeah but is that plank ladies tummy fat or excess skin?

It's both. When skin is papery and wrinkled, pulls away from the body, and hangs in a way that looks like a slightly deflated water balloon where it forms a heavier mass in the bottom and pulls away at the top, it's loose skin with fat underneath. If it's just papery and wrinkled, feels light and hangs like a deflated balloon (without the mass part) it's just loose skin. If it just protrudes or hangs without any of the above, it's fat.

That said, even something that looks like just fat (simply because fat still fills the skin enough not to let it wrinkle) can still produce loose skin as weight drops, but a smaller amount of it.

My guess OP will have very minimal loose skin, if any, at goal weight.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Thankyou amusedmonkey :)
  • LadyBoss_1989
    LadyBoss_1989 Posts: 121 Member
    I'am at my goal weight. I was 156lbs and now I'am 115lb. I could still lose more if I wanted, but Im pretty petite everywhere else (legs, arms face) everything else seemed to have shrinked but im still carrying around all of this fat on my stomach. I could prolly lose 10lbs just in stomach fat :( ive also never had kids.