I lost count of what attempt this is...

Options
Hello MFP,

I've come to realize that I am that person that has difficulty committing to things. More specifically, I have difficulty committing myself to managing my weight loss and goals. When I finally logged back into MFP, I noticed that my starting weight from the last time I had started a goal was decently lower than what my starting weight is now! Let's just say... I was sad for a while about this. :\

After reflecting on this, I've decided that it's no wonder I keep failing at sticking to my plan. I clearly didn't want to succeed enough or else I wouldn't have made excuse after excuse. I'm busy with family, busy with work, busy with school. Well, enough! :s

It's time I get serious about this. I want to feel confident about who I am and like the way I look! Definitely want to be able to finish my 20 somethings feeling good.

Supposedly if you lay something out in the open to other people, then they can help you stand by your words, right? Well, if anyone else has had any issues with being the on-again and off-again committer, then add me! Let's keep each other serious. Life is too short to keep yo-yoing like I have been.

Thanks for reading my little rant. :D

Replies

• shamensyth
    shamensyth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I've tried many times and wasn't serious, so no results. Last time I was serious I lost 110 pounds. I ended up gaining it all back plus 20 pounds because I stopped exercising and eating right out of frustration. This time, I'm serious again, but I'm making it more of a lifestyle change this time. I quit smoking and drinking heavily. I will be cutting out people who aren't supportive, even good friends and family. Add me if you like :)
  • itseresti
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on the 100+ loss in the past. I made it to a 40 pound loss before but have since gained that all back and then some it seems. It's very frustrating because I felt like I spent that time improving my eating habits and activities but apparently I was doing something wrong. I commend you on quitting smoking and drinking heavily. I know that can be quite the lifestyle change for folks. I'm trying to work on reducing stress, sleeping more, and focusing on my emotional well-being. I'm sure that may have something to do with my weight frustration. I'll send you a request! :)
  • cjt_findingfit
    Options
    Hi there!
    Congrats on making the decision to get serious.
    I've created a new challenge group to start up November 24th. Looking for people who might be interested. Check it out and see what you think. It will help you get focused and reset your body so you don't get those nasty cravings we all know well.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100476-whole-100-challenge

CJ
  • itseresti
    Options
    I'm absolutely interested in this challenge!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter how many times you attempted before. Today's a new day. Tomorrow is too. Make one good decision. Then make another. Tell yourself that every day (or several times a day, if you need to!) :)

Welcome back!
    ~Curly
  • itseresti
    Options
    Thank you Curly. Well said! I just have to do one day at a time.
  • cjt_findingfit
    cjt_findingfit Posts: 62
    edited November 2014
    Options
    itseresti wrote: »
    I'm absolutely interested in this challenge!

Awesome! Make sure you join the group and get familiar with everything.
  • andreavan28
    andreavan28 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I myself gained nearly 100 pounds when I got pregnant with my son 10 years ago when he was 2 I lost 46lbs but it took me another 8 years of yoyoing around to get back down to where I was when I got pregnant with him. I decided in march after an unpleasant visit with my foot doctor that from a car accident I was in it was either lose some weight or have surgery MOTIVATOR! Took 9 years and some odd months to lose 100lbs. Just keep at it and never give up you will get there :)
  • itseresti
    Options
    I myself gained nearly 100 pounds when I got pregnant with my son 10 years ago when he was 2 I lost 46lbs but it took me another 8 years of yoyoing around to get back down to where I was when I got pregnant with him. I decided in march after an unpleasant visit with my foot doctor that from a car accident I was in it was either lose some weight or have surgery MOTIVATOR! Took 9 years and some odd months to lose 100lbs. Just keep at it and never give up you will get there :)

Wow! Such wonderful motivation!