Lean muscle vs bulk muscle difference? Besides the look?

Options
I hear you can get very strong either way, so seriously what is point of getting big bulky if you can't run well with that bulk? Please answer with facts not emotions. I seriously see no logical point in bulk if your speed is lacking because that power means nothing if you are slow. A guy at work who is 6'4 can't run anymore hardly since he weighs in the 220's I could run at 220's without bulk but some fat. I'm 6'1 btw. I'm not seriously convinced about this whole bulk image. It sounded cool at first but now it sounds.... um meh.

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Different people have different goals. Not everyone wants to be a runner, just like not everyone wants to be a bodybuilder or a power lifter or a gymnastics professional or a pole dancer... etc

All of these require strength and all are different types of strength and different looks. Some do it to feel empowered lifting big, some do it for the looks, and some do it simply because they enjoy it. It's okay to have your own personal goals, really..
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'd say Cam Newton runs a pretty quick 40 yard dash, and he's well above 220. Don't skip leg day would be my advice :smile: I googled it since you are looking for facts. 4.58 seconds at 245 pounds.

If by bulk muscle you mean muscular with a high body fat, there are plenty of reasons why people do it. Powerlifters who are more concerned with their lifts than weight. Guys who bulk to build mass quicker, then cut later to get ripped. Heck, I've got a gay friend who stays heavy because he wants to be a "bear". He's afraid he won't pick up guys if he loses his niche.