Ladies, what do you bench press?

Options
MrM27
MrM27 Posts: 18,355 Member
We were training earlier tonight and after wanting to release a little aggression post squating, we moved to the bench. This is her 4th set and I decided to have her try 105 lbs and record it. I'm extremely proud of her and she has put in a tremendous amount of work.

Her stats:
Body weight: 135
2012 body weight: 190 lbs

Ladies, feel free to post your stats and what you are currently bench pressing

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a "video unavailable" message when I click, just FYI. Congrats to both of you though!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Very nice! Thank you for posting this.

I am a beginner. I just did 12 reps at 60 lbs. yesterday. Has she been training since 2012? Her video gives me something to shoot for.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    nvm -- error was on my end. =)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Damn she's smooth, good technique.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Very nice form thanks for posting.
  • dlv147
    dlv147 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks babe for posting the video, I feel proud of myself. Came a long way thanks to your encouragement and support. Even though there are times I wanna slap you!! Lol.. jk. :p
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    wow! that's awesome! I'm not quite up to that level yet. working on it though.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Awesome work Dora!

I'm not sure what my max bench for reps would be, as I never have anyone around to spot me so I can attempt it. Before I switched programs, I was working with 95 lbs trying to get a 3x5, always ended up with 4 reps in 1 or 2 sets though. Now I want to hit the bench and see how many reps I can get in triple digits.

Weight: 140ish lb
    Weight this time last year: 180 lb
    Heavy lifting since: Mid-July 2014
  • Fitteacherc
    Fitteacherc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just started powerlifting at the end of September. This week, I did 5 @ 45, 3 @ 60, and 3 x 5 @ 70.
  • dlv147
    dlv147 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Means alot. Gives me the motivation to keep on pushing myself. It amazes me how I progressed & yet still pushing. .
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    90 pounds, 5x5
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    That's some great pressing indeed. Especially considering how loose you are on the bench and flat. For a bit of shoulder safety, I'd check out this vid on scapular retraction on your setup. Not only will it help save the shoulders but you'll be able to press more too :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCwD_LuxHL8
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My first day of ICF 5x5 (cutting) was Monday and I did my sets at 95lbs. Great job to your lady! She looks great!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'm on Wendler and have just come back from a little back problem I did100 lbs for 5 last week shooting for 105 for 5 tomorrow
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My last week of SL in mid October I hit 105 for 5x5.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    My arms are so weak :sad:

Currently I'm running Bret Contraras's glute challenge with some arms thrown in afterwards, but after I finish that, I think I might actually go back to stronglifts

Currently I'm doing 3x6 at 75lbs and I'm supposed to get up to 3x12 by the end of the program, but I don't think I'm going to make it.

On strong lifts (before I got burnt out on doing the same program for over a year) I was doing 3x5 at 95lbs

CW:182
    SW:280ish
    Weight @ start of SL: 232
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    That's seriously impressive. I weigh 145 and bench 75 right now. I'm still a beginner though.