A different approach - 60lb loss without exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    60lbs in 6 months for me. Only exercise I do is ride my horse once a week. I have a desk job, and eat 1400 to 1800 cals a day.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congrats! (*) (*) (*) (*) (*)
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • CinthyN
    CinthyN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Happy that it worked for you. I tried just watching my diet but it didn't yield or last. Once I started incorporating exercises, I begin to see solid results. More importantly, my body is beginning to sculpt and shape. So for me, it's a combination of diet and exercise.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I'm the same way - in the past I always tried to lose through exercise with no results. It made me feel so exhausted, unhappy, and hungry that I ate way more then I should, and I couldn't lose a pound. And then I couldn't sustain it because I don't really have time for consistent exercise. And I hate it.

Now I'm 90% diet, 10% exercise and am losing well. Thanks so much for posting your success story. It means a lot to those of us going down that path.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You're proof that we lose weight in the kitchen--not the gym. Sometimes we fool ourselves trying to out-exercise a bad diet. I personally liked using diet & exercise in my weight loss program, but it's great to be reminded that if ever I couldn't exercise, the other option works alone. Much luck on your maintenance plan.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    You look great! Looks like more than 60 lbs! Now have fun with finding an exercise you enjoy.

56604121.png
  • Jossies01
    Jossies01 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yep it can be done! Good job! I've lost 13lb in the past 2 - 3 months just eating 1400cals a day and doing no deliberate exercise.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I truly appreciate each and every one of your comments.
    Good luck to all of us who want to change our lives for the better.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    you look awesome!
  • coffeerose55
    coffeerose55 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    OH MY goodness CONGRATS to you and yes the key to burn more than you consume. 1200 calories per day sounds reasonable and doable especially if one eats way over that. You are an inspiration. Np flax from me either for the obvious :)
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,734 Member
    Options
    Excellent work :-) stick to what works for you , simple as that.
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Excellent work :-) stick to what works for you , simple as that.
    Agreed! And thank you for sharing your story even though you thought you may ruffle some feathers. I don't think it's controversial at all. You did what you needed to and it worked. Great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!