I went over by 648 calories what should I do

Options
I'm an 18 year old female I'm 5'2 and i weigh 95.4 but my weight yesterday was 96.8 . Anyways I went over my calorie goal by 648 calories my maintanence calories are 1460 and I'm pretty much sedentary .. Is today going to cause me to gain weight ? Most of the calories were from dried cranberries :( should I subtract 648 from tomorrow ? Or just keep moving on

Replies

• marlovs78
    marlovs78 Posts: 75 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    (*)
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You will be fine, just eat your normal daily allowance. 95 is very low for your height.
  • arierie
    Options
    marlovs78 wrote: »
    you will gain 25 pounds by tomorrow. Sorry.

Lol I deserved that I guess
  • thedaydreamer92
    thedaydreamer92 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Move on. Learn from your mistakes and do better next time.
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Keep eating 648 calories over, every day. Also, lift heavy weights. You will be fine.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    arierie wrote: »
    I'm an 18 year old female I'm 5'2 and i weigh 95.4 but my weight yesterday was 96.8 . Anyways I went over my calorie goal by 648 calories my maintanence calories are 1460 and I'm pretty much sedentary .. Is today going to cause me to gain weight ? Most of the calories were from dried cranberries :( should I subtract 648 from tomorrow ? Or just keep moving on

I think you will live. Log it and move on. :)

• mrsmcmo
    mrsmcmo Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Also as someone else mentioned, 96lbs at 5'2 is underweight by about 10lbs. I assume you are aware of this. I hope that you are seeing someone and that you are working to get your weight to a healthy place. :)
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Eat 640 calories extra every day and try and get to a healthy weight. Not having a go at you, it's fine for everyone to say "eat less calories to lose weight" so it's equally fine to say "eat more calories to gain weight".
  • Venobambino
    Venobambino Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Move on.
  • Venobambino
    Venobambino Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    By the way, it takes like 3500 calories to gain 1 pound.
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Honestly, those cranberries may have a laxative effect and leave you weighing a little less tomorrow.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Shrug it off and have a new day tomorrow.
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Ninerbuff approved this conversation??? 95 lbs is too low, put some mass on, you won't get bulky. :)
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    RatPat13 wrote: »
    Shrug it off and have a new day tomorrow.

10this.gif
  • GregorFuk
    GregorFuk Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Has it dawned on anyone that the original poster may be 95kg? She never mentions lbs once.
  • arierie
    Options

Yeah I've been trying to figure out the best way to do that
    GregorFuk wrote: »
    Has it dawned on anyone that the original poster may be 95kg? She never mentions lbs once.
    I'm 95lbs
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    It will balance out over the week.
  • spmcavoy1
    spmcavoy1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This is in the maintenance forum right? One day of overeating won't ruin you, just like one day of healthy eating won't ruin you. Drink extra water today and move on. I don't know your body frame, but as PPs pointed out, you could be classified as underweight. Just worry about staying at maintenance calories (not too far under, not too far over - usually +/-100) and you'll be just fine.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    for one day? nah you're fine. don't sweat it.