How to lose those last 10-15 lbs

Options
I need advice on how to lose those last 10-15 lbs. When I started MFP I was 163 now I am 146. I would like to be 135-138.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Just keep on keeping on. That's my best advice--patience and dedication.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    The last 10 pounds your logging belt has to be a little tighter. WTG on your loss!
  • rayyesnk
    rayyesnk Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I'm locked in at 142-ish. I can't seem to break the 140 barrier. I'd like to be 135-138 as well. Do you feel like you've plateaued, or that if you keep at it, you can get there? how long have you been 146?
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    You can increase your exercise intensity or length to increase caloric burn if you are already at the minimum caloric intake, or if you are maxing out exercise now, switch up to something new and different to shock your body. Otherwise, the weight will eventually come off in time, be patient. Good work so far!
  • amandamaynv
    amandamaynv Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow you're like my twin! I started at 163 and am now stuck at 142-140 and can't seem to get the scale to show 139! I just changed my goal to lose 0.5 pounds a week and am tightening my logging. This helped me finally get past 142, now at just over 140. What is your weekly goal?
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Wondering the same! Have increased my excercise and eat back less excercise calories in case of logging errors. Hoping this works.
  • mrsbunbunbun
    mrsbunbunbun Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I went down to about 1200/1250 on the advice of a trainer, and that helped me break out of my plateau at about 160lbs. - but I wouldn't recommend that long-term. I did it for about 7 weeks, then I went up to about 1450 for a couple weeks, and still felt a little guilty about increasing my calories. For me as I get closer to my goal though, I need to feel like I can eat like this "forever." I remember how it felt when I first started logging - it really didn't feel too tough - the weight just started coming off... When I looked into IIFYM, I saw my cals could be set at 1625, 1530 or 1434, depending on how aggressive I wanted to get with my fat loss. Now I have MFP set to 1625 now with my macros adjusted according to IIFYM, so now if I hit my protein, fiber and fat, but I am under my carbs, I'm golden. Nice to see green numbers at the end of the day instead of running on fumes! Good luck!

SW: 201 CW: 147 LW: 145 GW: 135
  • weightlosstrainer
    weightlosstrainer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    As you approach your initial goal weight, try and get your bodyfat and measurements done. This is far more important to determine if your body is changing. Weight is not an accurate indicator of health. Body fat is a good determination of whether or not you are at a level that is fit and healthy. It should be about how you look in the mirror and how you feel about your body, not so much what the scale says.

As a trainer, my focus is to help people change their body, not the scale. The scale naturally will drop and change as we focus on health. As you get to your goal weight, the focus should no longer be about the scale, but rather health and wellness. If you are competing in figure competitions, that is a different story...than it is about dropping body fat to visually show off muscle tone and definition.

You have obviously come a long way, do not allow the scale to determine whether you have succeeded or not. Do you have more body fat to lose? If so, focus on strength training and interval training for higher caloric burn. Try working out in the mornings while fasting (no calories) so your body will resort to using body fat for fuel as opposed to any food or drinks you might have had. That can help you overcome those last few pounds of fat (not weight) to lose.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Set your goals to 0.5lb per week.

Watch what you eat more closely.

Mix up your workout routine.

Weigh or measure food.

Drink more water!!!!

Sometimes if people eat a bit more than they have been for a long time... They lose. You could try that and see what happens.

Stick at it - your get there!
  • dutchi2010
    dutchi2010 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!