Sweaty hands during workouts...

Options
I'm not sure if anyone will actually have any help/advice for this problem. I am a SWEATY person when I work out. I get jealous of people who don't sweat at all. When I'm at the gym, but trainer helps with chalk or liquid chalk, but at home I'm screwed. I fell during a PiYo pike last night because my hands get so sweaty that I put a towel on top of my yoga mat so I don't slip, but then my TOWEL slipped. So I fell. Hard. Nothing broken, but quite a shock and a big bruise to the knee.

Does anyone else have this problem (sweaty hands) and if so, did you come up with a solution? I don't want to fall again. :(

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    melissaka7 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone will actually have any help/advice for this problem. I am a SWEATY person when I work out. I get jealous of people who don't sweat at all. When I'm at the gym, but trainer helps with chalk or liquid chalk, but at home I'm screwed. I fell during a PiYo pike last night because my hands get so sweaty that I put a towel on top of my yoga mat so I don't slip, but then my TOWEL slipped. So I fell. Hard. Nothing broken, but quite a shock and a big bruise to the knee.

Does anyone else have this problem (sweaty hands) and if so, did you come up with a solution? I don't want to fall again. :(

Chalk?

• pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Lifting gloves might help
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Stop watching Cops while you workout?
  • tessaleonie
    tessaleonie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it works on hands but I sometimes spray a little deodorant on the inside of my elbows on a long sweaty run.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Get some chalk for home.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    deninevi wrote: »
    Get some chalk for home.

Exactly. If you use chalk at the gym why don't you use it at home?
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Because it's the gym's chalk. I don't own any.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    You can get a chalk bag from any sports store. I sweat a lot during my workouts too but I just wear workout gloves, problem solved.
  • mfletcher2013
    mfletcher2013 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. My hands would get so sweaty I would drop weights! I went to the doctor got a prescription deodorant for HyperCare (you pick it up at the pharmacy like any other prescription and it comes in a roll on bottle) Hope that helps:)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    melissaka7 wrote: »

Because it's the gym's chalk. I don't own any.

Ok. So go to the store and buy some. Or get some online. It's rather inexpensive. That, or buy get some of the tacky gloves that wide receivers use.