I need discipline

Options
I work out 5-6 x a week I try to eat pretty clean but man I have been struggling I need to log food everyday it's pretty easy but I don't do it like I should and I love wine finding it hard to just have discipline ... I have 8 weeks till I hit the BIG 30 I want to look my best

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    wine is the best thing if you dont want to give up drinking. just get a really good wine and enjoy a glass or two you can totally make it work with your calories. believe me, one of my besties make his own wine and I just can't turn it down ever.

Also - when I find logging to be too much of a hassle, I take a picture of what Im eating. If it look shealthy and beautiful, awesome! if it's ramen and a fudge round, wont i feel silly putting that on my instagram.
  • Beliciaxo
    Beliciaxo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks I appreciate ur reply
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Happy to help encourage and support in any way I can. Feel free to add me. ankdworak
  • warriorguy
    Options
    What is disciplines? It is learning to establish steps you stick to. Logging calories is simple....so why not take time to log them....FitnessPal does a great job of helping in that. If your close to your desired weight, wine isn't a factor as that has to be logged in as calories. Of course, it's where the fat deposit is on your body that might be a factor.....you can be at a desired weight and still have that pear shape......exercises is the key to that.
  • Beliciaxo
    Options
    Thanks
  • yoovie
    Options
    SO, let us know what progress you've made! what awesome planning and logging have you done since Monday :D
  • Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    Options
    Beliciaxo - I'll log your food for you if you'll exercise for me. Deal? :p

Wine is a discipline issue for me, too. I've heard that the liver is responsible for processing dietary fat, but when alcohol in introduced, the liver must stop processing fat and concentrate on dealing with the alcohol. (I'm paraphrasing; not sure of exact terms.)

Has anyone else ever heard of that phenomenon?
  • Beliciaxo
    Options
    Yes that is so true about alchol ...and I wish we could switch @fiestycat
  • Beliciaxo
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    SO, let us know what progress you've made! what awesome planning and logging have you done since Monday :D

Thanks I am more focused and trying hard to stick with it thanks
  • yoovie
    Options
    Fantastic! I really hope you can keep it up, and if you fumble a little, it's okay, just pick up and keep going! no one expects anyone to be perfect <3
  • Beliciaxo
    Options
    Yes .. Thanks so much
    I have felt to self conscious and uncomfortable in my own skin enough is enough plus Vegas in jan for my dirty 30 ;)
  • gsnobel
    gsnobel Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So much for discipline in Vegas. That right there is why you will be disciplined before Vegas. You can do it.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    why not just prelog your food or simply dont eat until you have logged? Its easy and its the most important part of MFP as it also helps you understand what you are consuming. 5-10 mins a day.
  • Beliciaxo
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    why not just prelog your food or simply dont eat until you have logged? Its easy and its the most important part of MFP as it also helps you understand what you are consuming. 5-10 mins a day.
    That's what I started doing and I am doing pretty good thanks ]

• Beliciaxo
    Options
    gsnobel wrote: »
    So much for discipline in Vegas. That right there is why you will be disciplined before Vegas. You can do it.

Thank u
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Drink Ribena instead maybe....