What part of the US would you move to?

Replies

• salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    I would love to spend some time in Michigan. It always looks so beautiful to me when I look at pictures online. I'm actually planning a vacation next year to visit Traverse City, MI. Where I live in Nevada it is hot and dry most of the time, I think I would love the change of the seasons, and SNOW!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    I've lived in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, NYC, Salt Lake, City, and out of the country in Lebanon and now Tunisia. I'm really enjoying living in a WARM climate and decided I never want to live in the frozen north again. I realized that I was wasting half of my life being miserable in the winter.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    I never leave Louisiana for anywhere in the US (food is too good around here). But I would move to Florence Italy in a heart beat.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    I love New York but I see myself moving to somewhere liberal and warm like California in the future. I really can't do this winter *kitten* anymore.
  • Squid4TRX
    Squid4TRX Posts: 645 Member
    Tampa or Dallas...retirement isn't too far away.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Maine...I've ALWAYS wanted to live there.
  • morgiee_lynne
    morgiee_lynne Posts: 141 Member
    From NY and moved to Vegas for 6 months for an internship. I cannot wait to go back to the east coast in a month. Everything here is just the same all the time, I miss thunder storms, and the changing trees. It's boring here when it's just hot all the time.
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    I wouldn't. Happy Canuck here stayin' home. But I'll definitely visit next month. :smile:
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Taos, New Mexico. It's beautiful!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    If I have to stay I'd probably move to Oregon. But my choice would be to leave and go elsewhere more progressive. Unfortunately I don't see that ever happening.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Somewhere it snows...
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited November 2014
    I live in Montana and when people ask me where I would live if I could live anywhere, I say, "Montana." :)

However, I would consider Alaska for a stint.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    I'm in Canada .. so, anywhere warm all year 'round sounds good to me!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I really like the Lincoln-Omaha area, but it's much further North from where I live now and tbh I do NOT want any worse winters.

Maybe southern Utah or New Mexico.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    From NY and moved to Vegas for 6 months for an internship. I cannot wait to go back to the east coast in a month. Everything here is just the same all the time, I miss thunder storms, and the changing trees. It's boring here when it's just hot all the time.

I would have the same issue. I actually love cool to cold dark windy fall days, anticipation of the first snow storm and the spring-time thunderstorms

• shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Having been raised in the military, we lived on all coasts of the US during my childhood, and every one of them had great things.

I currently live in Salt Lake City, where we have 100 degree days in the summer and the best snow on earth in the winter. In the Spring I can golf and snow ski by driving 30 minutes. We have all the seasons. Not that it is Utopia, but I do enjoy it.

My goal for retirement - should the day ever come! Is to buy a motorhome and put my Motorcycle in a trailer and tour the entire US over the course of a few years. There are so many places and cultures that I want to take in, I couldn't see myself in one place.
    -
    If you held a gun to my head and made me choose one destination, where money wasn't a factor I would probably choose somewhere along the coast in Southern Ca. just for the weather. But that would mean everyone else would have to move, because I love a small town.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Don't move to Phoenix! It's too crowded here, already. ;)
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    I recently moved to coastal Carolina. Big difference from the horrible NY and NEPA winters, and the horrible DMV humidity. I don't like being so close to the beach and the threats of tropical storms though lol. Been all over the east coast. I really wanna see Cali, Texas, and Washington. Not to live, just to visit :)
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Char231023 wrote: »
    I never leave Louisiana for anywhere in the US (food is too good around here). But I would move to Florence Italy in a heart beat.

I agree Louisiana is the best. I'm from New Orleans and have had several opportunities to leave but I can't. There is no place in this country that I know of as unique and interesting then right here. I love it here but Italy would be nice. Ireland too.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    I would move out of the country. Unfortunately all the really progressive places are cold.

Try New Zealand, not too cold in winter unless you live way inland, with pleasant but not too hot summers. Mild temperatures, moderate rainfall, and abundant sunshine :)