Options
    2ymt6dv.jpg
    Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum <3
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I
    nosajjao wrote: »
    First of all, no idea why you're eating at night before bed. That's not good, you're body will be trying to digest while you sleep rather than recovering from the day's activities and you'll wake more tired than you should be. Second of all, white flour doesn't turn to sugar when you digest it. Only sugar is sugar when you consume it (all forms of sugar). Excess sugar that the body can't process gets turned to fat. Key point, the safe threshold for sugar for the body is low, so eating sugary foods before bed is really bad. If you really want to cap the day off with a final food, something small with a fat/protein content would be a better option. A 4-6oz glass of milk shaken with third scoop of whey isolate powder.
    Lulwut?!?!

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    First of all, no idea why you're eating at night before bed. That's not good, you're body will be trying to digest while you sleep rather than recovering from the day's activities and you'll wake more tired than you should be. Second of all, white flour doesn't turn to sugar when you digest it. Only sugar is sugar when you consume it (all forms of sugar). Excess sugar that the body can't process gets turned to fat. Key point, the safe threshold for sugar for the body is low, so eating sugary foods before bed is really bad. If you really want to cap the day off with a final food, something small with a fat/protein content would be a better option. A 4-6oz glass of milk shaken with third scoop of whey isolate powder.

Really??

I ate a piece of this in bed last night and fell asleep pretty soon after
    2ymt6dv.jpg

Woke up feeling great, got my workout done and I've lost a little weight. If my dessert was milk with whey isolate powder I'd hurt someone
    Now going to Publix to get me a dessert cup. This looks delicious!
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    If you eat carbs during daylight, the calories don't count. If you eat carbs at dark, they count quadruple.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I always eat before bed. Not only that, but I always eat dessert before bed. 86 pounds later, it seems to work out okay. :)
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    The other night, I ate a 1400 calorie plate of nachos less an hour before going to bed. Still lost weight.
  • Jim_1000
    Jim_1000 Posts: 52 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    John Gabriel noted that if you eat before bed your sugar levels will be up all night making it dificult to lose weight. However, I have been losing like crazy and having a 300 calorie snack every night, and its not always low carb. Had some roasted chickpeas, then some apple cellery salad (with real palm sugar) then some puffed pea snack and of course some Grapefruit perrier water. Mmmnn... :)
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Before joining MFP I too believed in all this *kitten*! Don't eat carbs at night, sugar is evil, carbs are bad , unicorns and mermaids
  • JoshuaL86
    Options
    Before joining MFP I too believed in all this *kitten*! Don't eat carbs at night, sugar is evil, carbs are bad , unicorns and mermaids

Excuse me, but unicorns and mermaids do exist. Disney wouldn't put them in their movies if they didn't.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    JoshuaL86 wrote: »

Excuse me, but unicorns and mermaids do exist. Disney wouldn't put them in their movies if they didn't.

yes, the unicorn fairy comes every night and destroys your gains if you leave carbs under the pillow....evil *kitten*...!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    JTick wrote: »
    The other night, I ate a 1400 calorie plate of nachos less an hour before going to bed. Still lost weight.

<3
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    lol.... where do some of you people hear this retarded *kitten* bro-science? Planet Fitness?
  • JoshuaL86
    Options

Sounds legit.

• joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Some funny stuff in this thread! nosajjao would hate me when I carb-backload. LOL
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Been trying to finish some tortilla wraps before their expiry date, and I've been eating five burritos three hours before bed for dinner the past week, and I've been losing weight still, so there you go. The time you eat carbs, or any other type of food doesn't matter. Just make sure all foods fit within your target daily calorie intake.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    k8ermarie wrote: »
    I have been told to stick with lean protein and green veggies at night. Makes sense to me because the carbs/starches I eat on a normal are made with white flour. My concern is them turning to sugar and then I sleep on them. I work out midday so this is why I steer clear of them.

Opinions/suggestions?

GO!

In my experience and IMO it makes no difference...
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Been trying to finish some tortilla wraps before their expiry date, and I've been eating five burritos three hours before bed for dinner the past week, and I've been losing weight still, so there you go. The time you eat carbs, or any other type of food doesn't matter. Just make sure all foods fit within your target daily calorie intake.

Your username is A+
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    If this were even remotely true I wouldn't have lost 53 lbs and gone from 35% BF to 17%...just saying. That's just stupid....

calorie deficit for weight loss...macros for body composition.

I eat ice cream, candy, cookies, etc in the evening nearly every night. Look at my diary if you don't believe. It's stupid to think carbs are bad, unless you have a medical condition. Seriously.

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    JoshuaL86 wrote: »

This is true...also, have you seen the mermaid documentary on discovery channel? That's a science channel, they can't lie to you on there!