Having some trouble with cellulite

Options
I've been able to lose weight and now my press, squat, and deadlifting weights are pretty kick butt if I do say so myself but I am struggling with some cellulite on my hamstrings.

For anyone else who has had this problem, have you been able to get rid of it? (or at least lessen it) I just want smoother skin :(

Replies

• tindeyy
    tindeyy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    lots of water, hydration helps
    overall fat reduction is the only thing that will reduce the fat that causes cellulite
    less sodium will help reduce the appearance of it.

other than that, unfortunately all of us are stuck with it.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have fat on my thighs that I don't like at all. We cannot lose weight from one spot, unfortunately. If we could, I sure would. I just keep losing and hope more comes off my thighs! :)

If you keep losing, it will come off your thighs, too. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure it ever goes away all the way :frowning: I've heard that, after you lose the fat, weight training helps to fill in the area, and you need to circulate the area as much as possible.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I read that cellulite is pretty much genetic. You can lose as much fat as possible and build muscle to make the area more firm, but if you have cellulite after all that then you pretty much just have to learn to live with it :(
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Once when I was quite ill I lost a lot of weight -- got down to about 120 at 5'9". I still had cellulite on my thighs.

I'm now at a healthy weight, but my cellulite looks better thanks to all my squats, lunges, and bike ridings. The muscles seem to make a difference.

It's still there, but far less noticeable. :)