What part of the US would you move to?

Options

Replies

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Durf, I saw someone mention Alaska. Definitely would go there for a bit.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    I can't imagine anywhere better than the northern California gold country.

It appears we live in the same neighborhood.
    Haha! Does the gv stand for Grass Valley?

• gvhunterollie
    gvhunterollie Posts: 74 Member
    Options

It does, although I moved, so I should change it to nc :smile:

• Laka615
    Laka615 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hawaii, but I do love where I live. As long as I have access to a warm beach I'm good, I've lived in many places but Mother Ocean always calls me back.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I moved to my chosen place about a year and a half ago. Colorado Springs. I've previously lived in Minnesota and Florida too.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options

Try New Zealand, not too cold in winter unless you live way inland, with pleasant but not too hot summers. Mild temperatures, moderate rainfall, and abundant sunshine :)

The problem with that is there are no jobs in NZ. My SO is from NZ and all the Kiwis are leaving for Australia for work and better salaries. He came here (the US) for a job. He looks occasionally for work back home but there's nothing. :(
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    new york... so lively, fashioney, museumey, and city.

...or texas. pretty sure the texans love me right now. i might run for political office once I got there.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I'm Portland, Oregon born and raised. This state is absolutely gorgeous. We have mountains, ocean beaches, deserts, and beautiful green valleys. But, I wouldn't mind living somewhere different (warmer and dryer) during the months of Jan thru March. Perhaps California or Arizona. I'd love to visit some areas of Texas-along the Gulf of Mexico, like Corpus Christi or Galveston.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Somewhere it doesn't snow. I can deal with the cold but I just hate driving in the snow.
  • countryboy1975
    Options
    Sedona,az is the most beautiful place in the us
  • joflo723
    joflo723 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I lived in TN into my 20's and I longed to live somewhere with sandy beaches and palm trees. In my 30's...wish grated! I moved to Florida. Been here for almost 13 years. Now I long to live somewhere with snow-capped mountains and cool weather. I do believe we just want a change of scenery sometimes.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options

It does, although I moved, so I should change it to nc :smile:
    Nice. Me too. It's a better city anyhow.

I actually recognized someone else from their profile pic here and ended up jokingly stalking him at work (he didn't know what I looked like at the time and now my profile pic is more easily identified). :laugh: I was supposed to reveal myself in a witty manner but can't think of one so I've flaked. (Sorry Justin, haven't shopped during the day for a while!) Maybe he'll catch me squeezin' on the melons or something...
  • trenzalours
    Options
    If I don't move out of the states to Greece or England - I'd like to like in Colorado or even Washington.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Alaska or Texas... or Maine.... anywhere, really.
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I like this question. Since I've gotten older and begun to travel more, I often fall in love with cities. In my mind, it would be perfect to give them each two or three years and move on to the next. Not terribly realistic, but my gypsy soul does wander.
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Probably the PNW.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I would divide my time between Key West and Jackson Hole
  • HealthyinAZ
    HealthyinAZ Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Oregon or Washington
  • Alana_s89
    Alana_s89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've lived in Colorado, Montana, Ohio, and now California. I love the sunshine, but I could honestly say that I wouldn't be opposed to moving to the Carolinas, or even Tennessee . The area is beautiful, and the people are so much nicer. That or Flagstaff, AZ. Beautiful <3
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    The Oregon Coast or Alaska