my friend asked me too make her a meal plan!

Options
So this was actually so exciting for me! I know I'm not "fit" but I have a lot of knowledge and I'm so happy that someone acknowledged that and wants my help. She is even paying me! It seriously made me so happy. I love helping people and sharing my knowledge about eating healthy and creating macros.

If you ever have any questions or want help feel free to message me or add me as a friend!

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Meal plans are boring and repetitive. Why not just set up calorie, macro, and fiber goals for her and have her eat whatever she wants to hit them?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Sweet, what are your qualifications?
  • morgiee_lynne
    morgiee_lynne Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    Meal plans are boring and repetitive. Why not just set up calorie, macro, and fiber goals for her and have her eat whatever she wants to hit them?

That's what I do, as well as an example week and grocery list.

For qualifications I am studying nutrition in school and a year left but have finished my main courses.
  • morgiee_lynne
    Options
    I also do a lot of research on the side. I'm a huge nerd so I love spending time on Google scholar and reading all the current studies!
  • tedwade50
    Options
    AJ_G is right on with the IIFYM (If it fits your macros). Weightloss is about calories in/out. Some guy did a twinkie diet to prove it. Didn't make him healthy though. I like to keep healthy foods at my disposal for variety in cooking. Lots of fresh veggies for the grill or even fried with olive oil. Chicken is it's own reward. Great macros, tasty, and lots of spices work with it. Oats are awesome for breakfast. Supplement with protein powder. Personally, I've been sticking with 30/30/40 (pro/fat/carb) profile, so that gives me a top limit for carbs, which I rarely reach, while giving me a good goal to shoot for protein. Apply TDEE and keep using MFP!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    tedwade50 wrote: »
    AJ_G is right on with the IIFYM (If it fits your macros). Weightloss is about calories in/out. Some guy did a twinkie diet to prove it. Didn't make him healthy though. I like to keep healthy foods at my disposal for variety in cooking. Lots of fresh veggies for the grill or even fried with olive oil. Chicken is it's own reward. Great macros, tasty, and lots of spices work with it. Oats are awesome for breakfast. Supplement with protein powder. Personally, I've been sticking with 30/30/40 (pro/fat/carb) profile, so that gives me a top limit for carbs, which I rarely reach, while giving me a good goal to shoot for protein. Apply TDEE and keep using MFP!

Macros should never be calculated as a percentage of total calorie intake. Your body does not work that way. It needs a certain gram amount of protein and fat based on your body weight and lean body mass.
  • morgiee_lynne
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Agreed!! Not enough people realize this!

• morgiee_lynne
    Options
    IIFYM is definitely the way to go!
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »

This is what I would do. As someone who used to stick to a "meal plan," it got boring fast. Once I started tracking macros and having more variety of foods, it became fun.

For someone starting out (like your friend), it sounds like this would be a better plan that someone would stick to.