Really upset

Options
2»

Replies

• KendraMartin85
    Options
    Do not beat yourself up over a cheat meal!!!!!! Enjoy the heck out of it, accept it, then move forward. Nothing good will come out of guilt. I would also recommend finding new rewards for your hard work, like maybe new yoga pants, or when you've lost a size or two a new outfit. Don't forget to reward yourself, but find new ways to do it. Also get creative on ways to catch up with friends and family. Like meet at a park with a packed lunch instead of a restraunt.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Honey it's one day. Shake it off. Do better tomorrow.

^^^^this^^^^^

The sun will rise again tomorrow.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Try to figure out what happened. Maybe your target is too low, or you let yourself get too hungry, or you chose the wrong foods. Treat it as a learning experience. Overall, it doesn't matter. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    kelly39014 wrote: »
    I've been doing good on my 1200 cal diet for the past week and exercising everyday but today I went over my limit by 617 calories and I'm way too tired to exercise

One day isn't going to ruin anything, and honestly 617 calories isn't all that bad. Why do I say that, well lets look at the math:

If your deficit is 250 calories (0.5lb per week loss):
    367 calories over maintenance.

If your deficit is 500 calories (1lb per week loss):
    117 calories over maintenance.

If your deficit is 750 calories (1.5lb per week loss):
    133 calories under maintenance.

If your deficit is 1000 calories (2lb per week loss):
    383 calories under maintenance.

And unless you have eaten exactly 1200 net calories everyday for the past week (my bet is you've been a bit under some days), then it should come pretty close to balancing out to around (maybe 100-200 over) an average of 1200 net for the week.
  • Till__I__Collapse
    Options
    Too tired to exercise is a good indicator of inadequate nutrition and calories.