Why can't i stop

Options
Lady_Sugarcookie
Lady_Sugarcookie Posts: 26 Member
edited November 2014 in Motivation and Support
I have been binge eating proceeded carbs for the past week or so... Any tips? It is making me super depressed!

Replies

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Had you cut them out completely? How long had you been without them?

Keep logging your binges. If you can, toss the offending foods. It sounds like they are trigger foods for you.

• Lady_Sugarcookie
    Options
    I've been without them for over a month. I do try to keep them out of the hose but I had a Halloween party (where I had none of the sweet treats) and there are still plenty of leftovers. I know I should toss them but I hate to be waste up.
  • libbydoodle11
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I've been without them for over a month. I do try to keep them out of the hose but I had a Halloween party (where I had none of the sweet treats) and there are still plenty of leftovers. I know I should toss them but I hate to be waste up.

Can you bring the excess to school or work?

I usually bring treats like that or food gifts from clients to my goodwill donation station. The guys there love it and eat it up.
  • Lady_Sugarcookie
    Options
    Yes I can
  • libbydoodle11
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Yes I can

Sounds like a plan. Stash it til you can take to some others.

Edit: Go hide it in the trunk of your car.

• normusmc
    normusmc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Do ten push ups every time you snack on them...not joking.
  • marlovs78
    marlovs78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    proceeded carbs? :o
  • Lady_Sugarcookie
    Options
    normusmc wrote: »

Haha great suggestion... Traditional or modified :smiley: Seriously though having someone to talk to about it has helped a lot. Thank you both!!
  • Lady_Sugarcookie
    Options
    Yes I can

Sounds like a plan. Stash it til you can take to some others.

Edit: Go hide it in the trunk of your car.

Thank you for your time tonight. I feel like a jumper how has been talked off of a ledge.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Yeah... stop eating carbs....
  • winnyfreebryd
    winnyfreebryd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    normusmc wrote: »

Haha great suggestion... Traditional or modified :smiley: Seriously though having someone to talk to about it has helped a lot. Thank you both!!

I'm going to adopt this idea. As much as I love carbs I hate push ups. I think repeating this will keep me on track.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Trash them, or give them away, or something. It's the only thing that works for me when the 'carb monster' hits.
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely consider tossing them...or donate them to a local dentist. Many of our dentists around here actaully give money for candy as an incentive to not have kids eat their entire Halloween bag.

I feel you. I really don't like sweets. But one of the leftover bags had Heath bars in. I found myself grabbing a few every day since Halloween. I finally had to get rid of them. It's just easier for me not to have the temptation around.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    stock your house with awesome things instead of just focusing on what you can't have. Get obsessed with what you CAN eat. Get in discovery mode and make your kitchen a fun testing lab!
  • librarial
    librarial Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love unloading healthy stuff onto my coworkers so that I don't eat it. :D
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I have stopped buying white pasta. I (FINALLY!) found a whole wheat pasta that I like pretty well, with some sauce. When the Kraft mac n cheese is gone, I'm done with white pasta.

If I eat that stuff, I crave it all day. Not like with Skittles, where Sure, I'd like more. I like Skittles more than I like pasta, but they don't make me have crazy cravings. It's a serious craving. Sadly, having more doesn't even stop it. It will go on all day.. Next morning, gone.

So I quit buying that stuff.

Mueller's. Whole grain. It's got some protein and fiber. It keeps me satisfied. I get to eat pasta.

Cutting it out is all I could do. Maybe that would work for you, I dunno.
  • jbum68
    jbum68 Posts: 23
    Options
    I quit buying the stuff I binge on and cleared out the pantry so the food bank got a bunch of stuff. Following what Yoovie posted about stocking what I can eat so when the munchies hit I have a ready healthy alternative.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!

I had to do the same exact thing. Eventually I went as far as to portion out snacks into little homemade 100 calorie packs, and to start batch cooking meals. (smelling that all day makes me feel like i already pigged out lol).

but having things i can binge on, like baby carrots and hummus or grapes and feta cheese or cherry tomatoes and cottage cheese, or salted popcorn, or raisins and dates and chocolate chips - this all makes a huge difference. Im very excited to see that you have taken the really hard first steps. Keep at it! You deserve success!!!
  • ingehooper
    ingehooper Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I try not to buy that stuff anymore. Or If I feel bingey and snacky I do exercise instead. Either a workout or a few squats to take my mind off it x
  • canadianvampyregurl
    Options
    push ups every time you eat one !!!! what a fantastic idea !!!!!!!! I'm gonna do that !!!!! People at work are going to think Im a nutbar...OR...bum squeezes !!!!