You may agree or disagree with me its alright.

Options
For my diet I dont eat a lot.I can eat much anymore.I had my Gall bladder taken out in 2010.I thought my diet was fine before it.After having your gall bladder removed you end with more problems then you begin with. The doctors dont tell you what happens to diet after it goes back to normal.It was not normal for me.Ever since I have my gall bladder removed.My Diet has been a lot more strict on what I can and can eat anymore.I cant have any Dairy I have cut out a lot of red meat.I dont drink soda.And I know everyone out there soda is very hard to give up.I am still fighting it too.I drink tea a lot more.But ever know and then I just give into a diet Soda.For all you people struggling Im with ya its hard giving up any Soda.I also gave up a lot of junk food.And started eating more fruits and veggies.For me since I eat a lot of plain stuff. And it doesnt look as good as other people order it.But rem you are giving up bad foods for better foods in your diet.I eat more chicken and fish.I do have pork and roast every now and then.At first it is hard.But It took me a 1 yr before I had realized I gave up diary.The first year is hard. But we can all do it,If we put our mind and body we can do anything. we will get tour weight loss goal but it takes time and each of us are different.But do not give up. And do not give you. You are doing this for yourself.And no matter what no one should be putting us down for wanting us to be healthier.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I can understand what you are going through, my wife had her gallbladder rupture causing a lot of other health issues. Having said that, since your gallbladder processes fats, you generally need to have a lower fat diet or be near a bathroom after you eat. In fact, if my wife is ever constipated, we just go eat wings.

With that said, diet/health is about context. Your total day/week/month is more important than 1 specific meal. And there are no bad foods... some foods are calorie dense, some are nutrient dense, but regardless of what you eat, you need to find some kind of moderation. For you, that could be a low fat diet that is balanced in carbs and protein, while others it could be a total balanced approach. In the end, you need to figure out what works best for you, not others because two things will ensure you are consistent with reaching your goals.. consistency and accuracy.
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I had my gallbladder removed in 2012 and the only thing I have to avoid is copious amounts of fried food. I can still eat a regular portion, provided it fits my goals for the day, just not the entire cow batter-dipped and deep-fried. No other problems with any foods. Sounds like you may have other underlying health conditions.

Your mileage may certainly vary.

Other'n that, seems (?) like a nice cheerleader post. I think. Go get 'em?
    It's too early here for this. Not enough coffee yet.
  • jenny24012014
    jenny24012014 Posts: 83 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I had my gallbladder out a couple of years ago and I've not noticed any difference at all (except now I don't spend a couple of nights a week up for hours wanting to shoot myself to get away from the intense pain).

Edit: I only disagree with you because you are presenting your experiences as the way that life will be after gallbladder removal, when it is really an individual thing. Some people will have to change their diet, some people won't.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I had my gallbladder out a couple of years ago and I've not noticed any difference at all (except now I don't spend a couple of nights a week up for hours wanting to shoot myself to get away from the intense pain).

Edit: I only disagree with you because you are presenting your experiences as the way that life will be after gallbladder removal, when it is really an individual thing. Some people will have to change their diet, some people won't.

Yep. My mom had her gallbladder taken out 33 years ago, and she doesn't have any issues with food.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    This may have been better written on a computer instead of a phone.
  • Fruitylicious03
    Options
    This may have been better written on a computer instead of a phone.

I do good grammar and paragraphs with my phone... so no excuse. :wink:
  • tonyamt2
    tonyamt2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had my gallbladder removed and the only thing that causes me issues is bacon. Otherwise, this was the best surgery ever because I was in constant pain that caused me to have to lay in a fetal position until the pain went away.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Perhaps, including some semblance of "gall bladder removal" in your discussion title could prove to be more beneficial, so that people with similar experiences may be directed here, and could contribute. Just a suggestion.
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are mostly a Vegan now....
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Perhaps, including some semblance of "gall bladder removal" in your discussion title could prove to be more beneficial, so that people with similar experiences may be directed here, and could contribute. Just a suggestion.

But that would make sense....lol

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    No way, I was ready for a good fight!
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your gallbladder having to be removed but I don't know why anyone would be surprised about having to give up certain foods after such a surgery. my best friend had hers removed and was surprised she couldn't still eat the same as before. anyways, Good luck with everything! there are water flavors you can add to flavor your water to give it a variety taste. there are also tons of flavored and herbal teas that are really good. I personally like chai tea and english breakfast tea.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    derekj222 wrote: »

But that would make sense....lol
    jkwolly wrote: »
    No way, I was ready for a good fight!

Woe is me! I have sullied this thread, and I sincerely apologise. :'(
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Is diet soda a no-no for people with no gall bladder? Or is it just the general fear of diet soda? Because if you believe the internet rumors about it, you're wasting your guilt on something that's harmless.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I had my gall bladder taken out 10 years ago. I had horrible side effects for years. They all went away when I started eating way better (lots of fiber, healthy fats) and exercising. I still eat dairy, drink diet soda, etc and have zero issues now.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Mine was taken out in 2005. I have zero issues. Sorry you're having a hard time. Good luck.