update-51 lbs now in 4 weeks

Options

Replies

• dtcjem
    dtcjem Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job Sir!! Keep up the good work!!
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    nice job
  • smoootka
    smoootka Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep up the great attitude! You can do it! B)
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! xx
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the hard work!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    rcookenc wrote: »
    went to bariatric clinic this morning. I have now lost 51 lbs in just 4 weeks and weigh in at 496. This is the first time in over 6 years since I have been under 500. I told them I wanted to delay the surgery for now and try to lose on my own and they said that was fine. Today was my second visit with them and today was supposed to be where they look over my food logs and tell me what I am doing right and wrong and give suggestions. She said I was doing an excellent job and keep up with what I am doing. I go back in 5 weeks. I am so happy. :smiley: I am making a goal of loosing 100 lbs total by Feb. 1. So come on guys, if I can do it-you can do it too.

You are doing an excellent job!
  • rcookenc
    Options
    Thanks guys, I appreciate all the love and support. I wish each and every one of you success on your journey as well.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Keep it up! This is such an inspiration for so many people! You WILL be down -100 by Feb 1, 2015! Congratulations!
  • fluffywelshsheep
    fluffywelshsheep Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well done , Keep going in the right direction and try to avoided weight loss surgery if you can. :)
  • GibbsGirl13072
    GibbsGirl13072 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Think how proud you will be to lose it from hard work and dedication :)
  • ElizabethMaryam
    ElizabethMaryam Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far :). You are doing a great job and I'm glad you may not have the surgery. If you can avoid it, please do :). Again, awesome effort
  • lapierrecyclist
    lapierrecyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep up the good work and keep posting!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • rausharvey
    rausharvey Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    went to bariatric clinic this morning. I have now lost 51 lbs in just 4 weeks and weigh in at 496. This is the first time in over 6 years since I have been under 500. I told them I wanted to delay the surgery for now and try to lose on my own and they said that was fine. Today was my second visit with them and today was supposed to be where they look over my food logs and tell me what I am doing right and wrong and give suggestions. She said I was doing an excellent job and keep up with what I am doing. I go back in 5 weeks. I am so happy. :smiley: I am making a goal of loosing 100 lbs total by Feb. 1. So come on guys, if I can do it-you can do it too.

awesome! i am so proud of you
  • clandrum1984
    clandrum1984 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great Job. I went to my doctor yesterday for the first time in years. My blood work came back bad so she needed to see me. Mind you, I am 5'9, 254lbs. Her first reaction was "you can do this on your own, diet and exercise". Then she went straight to recommend the weight loss clinic. I was immediately pissed and thought to myself, no thanks, I AM going to do this on my own and when I come back in 6 months YOU will be surprised!

Keep up the great work!
  • rcookenc
    Options
    Great Job. I went to my doctor yesterday for the first time in years. My blood work came back bad so she needed to see me. Mind you, I am 5'9, 254lbs. Her first reaction was "you can do this on your own, diet and exercise". Then she went straight to recommend the weight loss clinic. I was immediately pissed and thought to myself, no thanks, I AM going to do this on my own and when I come back in 6 months YOU will be surprised!

Keep up the great work!

Don't give up on the weight loss clinic idea. They don't just do surgeries. Even tho I have postponed my surgery, I still am going for the medical management side of it. They have some great resources available such as dieticians, exercise counselors, and not to mention that you just need to be medically monitored especially if you are loosing a good amount of weight fast. If you are seriously turned off by the weight loss clinic, or can't afford them (they are expensive). I would suggest that you at least see your regular doctor at least once a month. Let him/her know that you are starting a diet and want to do it on your own, and that you want him/her to monitor you. Good Luck, you can do it.

• rcookenc
    Options
    thanks everyone for the love and support you are giving me. I go back to my regular doctor on the 25th of this month, so look for an update then.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the love and support you are giving me. I go back to my regular doctor on the 25th of this month, so look for an update then.

Looking forward to it--your story is amazing!
  • pwtaa
    pwtaa Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep it up and keep sharing it inspires the rest of us :)
  • DarbiB
    DarbiB Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Your progress is inspiring! I can't wait to see your ultimate success.

You remind me a lot of my dad, actually (although he is older than you). When I go home for thanksgiving, I want to show him your posts and hopefully the inspiration you have given to us, can rub off a little on him.

I know it's incredibally difficult and he's been on the weight loss cycle before (at least 2x in my life), but I guess I want him to know that I've not given up hope for him.

ANYWAYS. Best of luck to you rcookenc, keep up the excellent work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!