New, Motivated and Need Support for a LONG Journey

Options
I don't know how I got here, but here I am, with more than 100 pounds to lose. I've lost weight before but gained it back, this time I truly believe it will be different. My husband is supportive and on the journey with me.

I am looking for support and connection from this community as well as I strive to become a happier, healthier, more productive me. I am a corporate professional turned sahm to two fantastic little boys ages 4 and 5. I have a great life and it is time to start enjoying it more.

I would appreciate any friend adds, support and words of encouragement that anyone can throw my way!

Replies

• clandrum1984
    clandrum1984 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Starting this journey again but more motivated than ever this time. Always looking for support. Feel free to add me!
  • fat2fit4good
    Options
    I am in the exact same place, lost a bunch a few years back, gained it all back and then some, got 100 to lose, just (re)started seriously here. Open diary, log everyday. Feel free to add me. I got a long way to go, and I want to also do weights, tone my body, not just lose the weight (I think that will be even tougher than losing the weight). Best of luck!!
  • Sweetvirgo63
    Sweetvirgo63 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend too. I can send you a friend request or you can send me one.
  • Sweetvirgo63
    Sweetvirgo63 Posts: 119 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I am in the exact same place, lost a bunch a few years back, gained it all back and then some, got 100 to lose, just (re)started seriously here. Open diary, log everyday. Feel free to add me. I got a long way to go, and I want to also do weights, tone my body, not just lose the weight (I think that will be even tougher than losing the weight). Best of luck!!

If you stick to a weight program, you'll see just how easily your body can be toned. Don't try to overdo it when first starting but gradually increase your weight resistence every 2 weeks [if you're at a gym]. You'll be able to tell when to adjust for yourself as you go along. And, don't be afraid to switch things up by taking heavier weights but doing less reps in your set.
  • kareneastwood865
    kareneastwood865 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi there! It is a journey. I have a very long road ahead too but I realized that the road to get where I am now was not paved overnight either. I am just glad I finally woke up and decided not to go back down the hill. I just need to keep climbing towards my goal. Feel free to add me!