Healthy crockpot help

Options
My husband and I run 3 christmas tree lots and we open up the day after thanksgiving. It is 3 1/2 weeks of 10 am-10 pm. I'm thinking of having crock pot ready meals we can we out at the lot so we aren't eating out. I'm thinking soups and chilli but that might get old after the first week. My husband doesn't like seafood. I don't know, I'm just looking for healthy ideas I can make ahead of time and freeze, then defrost and warm up for lunch and dinner. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
And if anyone could use a new friend please send me a friend request. I could use it!
Thank you in advance!

Replies

• Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Make a pork loin in the slow cooker. You can shred some of it to make fajitas/tacos or bbq sandwiches and cut some of it up and make stir fry. And slice it to make sandwiches. Make a roast with veggies. You can put a whole chicken in the slow cooker and make different meals from that too. I made chicken soup last night with a whole chicken, saved some of the meat and am going to make curry with the leftovers.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    What do you normally cook at home? Anything will heat up for you: eggplant lasagna, enchiladas, chicken and rice.
  • qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I throw in boneless chicken or pork with salsa and use it for tacos. Or bbq sauce for sandwiches or over potatoes or pasta. A chuck roast (trimmed) with a small jar of pepperocinis and a packet of italian drssing mix=delicious italian beef. If you use Pinterest just do a search on "crockpot" and you'll have hundreds of recipes to choose from. Happy crock-potting! I love mine!
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    1 can of cream of mushroom soup
    1 envelope of onion soup mix
    2 1/4 cups water
    1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
    6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Stir occasionally, if you can.

Serves - 6, calories per serving - 215, protein - 19 g, total fat - 2 g, carbs - 29 g
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Those are some small, small chicken breasts in the recipe above. 3oz of chicken breast has 19g of protein. A single breast (not a big double breast) runs close to 8oz at the stores near me.
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    "Crock pot enchiladas" are great, but I will have to ask my mom for her recipe or find one for you.

I have a lot of great crock pot recipes bookmarked on my laptop. I promise to return later and link them! I am also interested in this topic, hehe. Anything without mushrooms and such.

I also found a great recipe for kalua pork that I'm dying to make, if you want it?
  • occultllama
    occultllama Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/deenashanker/delicious-slow-cooker-recipes-with-no-meat

^ these are all vegetarian but most are pretty good, you could easily add meat.
  • Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. This is great! It will be nice to have hot home cooked meal while we are freezing outside. Lol