Exercise at work - office life

Options
2»

Replies

• Jessalynn54
    Jessalynn54 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My work has some free weights over in the warehouse and I brought in an ab-roller, timer and a jump rope. I do a little strength training and planks and stuff for my unpaid 30 minutes. At my desk I'll stand up halve the day.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    ka33433 wrote: »
    Hello

What type of exercise do you all do during a working day when working in an office? I am looking for some ideas.

Many thanks!!!

Take the stairs is the best I can do at my office job...

• jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My real workouts are at home before work. But my job is pretty boring with a lot of downtime. I have kettlebells here and stairs. I will run the stairs and do some swings. It helps get some of my energy out.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I usually go for a ride or a run at lunch. I've tried to get up early to do it, but I can never seem to manage to get up and out before my kids wake up and catch me and then it's all over. So lunch it is usually...

Beyond that, I hit the weight room 3x per week...in the evenings on Tues and Thurs and then on Saturday mornings.

I try to do other things to improve my NEAT like taking the stairs anytime I can, to include using the 1st floor restroom and break room (I work on the 3rd). I also park as far away from my office building as possible and I do the same when I'm going to the grocery store or whatever...just park way out in BFE and walk everywhere.

I sit a lot at work also (desk job) so I make it a point to be up and around for awhile when I get home. I generally will find something to clean or fix or some yard work to do for awhile...and I'm the house chef so that gives me a good hour or so in the evenings as well of just general moving around and whatnot.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I work completely by myself in the middle of the night and we've just hit slow season. I've just started doing stomach vacuums at work. And last shift I did a bunch of squats. I might add in a plank or two tonight.
    Nothing that makes me sweat, just a few really effective calisthenics moves that get me up and out of my chair and makes me feel the burn.
    I work 10 hour shifts and am seated for like 8 of them. This job is a lot of the reason why I gained most of this weight in the first place, so now it can help me lose it.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I walk and do seated stretch exercises during my lunch hour.