I just don't know anymore...

Options

Replies

• Dawmelvan
    Dawmelvan Posts: 133 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You're losing weight to ENJOY life more, not have a miserable existance! Life is meant to be celebrated while being healthy. I really enjoy eating out at mom and pop places, so I understand. I try to order like you said, "'of course - order smaller portions, don't eat the bread, have salad with dressing on the side. It'll be great!" and I estimate what I log and estimate on the high side of calories. You have a new lifestyle and people will start to learn and respect that.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    It's superhard with a wonky thyroid. I had bloodwork done last Monday and it came out ok, but the doctor ordered an ultrasound because he thought he felt a lump. So the ultrasound came out decent - he said my thyroid was 'irratated' but he didn't need to increase the synthroid.

I was rocking and rolling pretty well with this up until 3 weeks ago and I felt something in my brain just click off and I think I had a momentary lapse of the crazy. It's time to get my head on straight and know that I can do this without having a complete mental breakdown.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I had to stop logging all my food all the time... it was driving me nuts. I can't imagine what kind of monkey brain I would have if I was measuring everything...
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend. We have similar stats and I have health issues I battle too. We can do this!
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    you cant be on a plateau if you dont ever exercise. sorry darlin :(

Wait - what? That does not compute.

• jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    OP - think of this as your new way of life; you're going to eat healthy forever, not just until you drop 20 pounds. So within the perimeter of "forever" - you will go out to eat sometimes and you will have fun. Right? LOL - just don't go crazy with your food portions/choices.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    jolt28 wrote: »
    yoovie wrote: »
    you cant be on a plateau if you dont ever exercise. sorry darlin :(

Wait - what? That does not compute.

It didn't compute to me either. But I feel like I've been bombarded with so much information lately that I don't think I can deal with anything else tweaking my brain.

• LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    It's superhard with a wonky thyroid. I had bloodwork done last Monday and it came out ok, but the doctor ordered an ultrasound because he thought he felt a lump. So the ultrasound came out decent - he said my thyroid was 'irratated' but he didn't need to increase the synthroid.

I was rocking and rolling pretty well with this up until 3 weeks ago and I felt something in my brain just click off and I think I had a momentary lapse of the crazy. It's time to get my head on straight and know that I can do this without having a complete mental breakdown.

Well as you know, the thyroid is such a huge part of every single system in your body, I assume even it being irritated could do some damage. This just happened on Monday so I would give it some time, keep logging, keep making good choices, live a little and then if you are still having the problem go back to your doctor. I had to go to my doctor several times before it was regulated, 3 months so far without any crazy, yay! I definitely related to what you said about the click in your brain, it sounds nuts but when you've gone through it... I just wouldn't wish it on anyone.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    TOO MANY CARBS!!! Is what my trainer tells me!! And if he read your diary he'd tell you to get off the frozen stuff and eat some greens and more proteins.
  • ShaunShaunphenomenon
    Options
    If you want to add me I can keep your diary on my watch list, the reason i say this is because while I didn't 'lose' a whole lot, i find it's more a number, as long as I can fit in my khaki's/dress pants I feel fine.

I am looking at your first post and reading some of them, i go to a lot of mom and pop places and yeah, I log them as accurately as I can and make sure to just look at things in the light "am I going to enjoy this? or am I going to remember on my death bead that I shouldn't have eaten that cheeseburger" as such I take an attitude of working smart towards my goal.

I think what you're getting into is that your body is not adjusted to what you're eating. Normally what happens is our body tends to store fat if we don't eat enough, or if the winter months are coming(weather has nothing do with it) It will eventually come into a factor. I am sorry you're having such a tough time,

I am sure that the woes of today will be the laughs of tomorrow.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    LianaG1115 wrote: »
    TOO MANY CARBS!!! Is what my trainer tells me!! And if he read your diary he'd tell you to get off the frozen stuff and eat some greens and more proteins.

Yeah but it's calories in/calories out, right? All you have to do is eat in a deficit and you'll lose...And the frozen stuff is organic :) It's already portioned out so there's no weighing and measuring.

But anyway...I've lost 30-something pounds so my food isn't the issue. It's more about my emotional state these days.

• LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options

PS- you're not eating enough calories too your body goes into starvation mode when you don't eat enough.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    PS- you're not eating enough calories too your body goes into starvation mode when you don't eat enough.

Starvation mode is a myth, isn't it? I read that here somewhere....

• wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Yeah, goin out you just have to make different choices. No reason to be lonely and miserable. If they have nutritional information, great! If not, do the best you can at estimating. Portions and choices is what it's about. When I go out, I usually eat fish or a nice salad with dressing on the side. If I've left room for a big meal, I'll have whatever I want within reason. And, of course, I give myself a break from time to time. If I can do this, you can do this.

the Devil is a liar, don't trust him.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    Yeah, goin out you just have to make different choices. No reason to be lonely and miserable. If they have nutritional information, great! If not, do the best you can at estimating. Portions and choices is what it's about. When I go out, I usually eat fish or a nice salad with dressing on the side. If I've left room for a big meal, I'll have whatever I want within reason. And, of course, I give myself a break from time to time. If I can do this, you can do this.

the Devil is a liar, don't trust him.

OMG lololol!

• ShaunShaunphenomenon
    Options

what? no! that's absolutely not a myth, your body will start to eat at your fat cells you have stored ,this is something any dr. will be able to tell you. Eat your proper amount. I do and I should drop more weight this week, well inchs, once my body gets regulated.

• irejuvenateme
    irejuvenateme Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just a general thought: Is it possible to actually not weigh every single thing like condiments and just focus on getting exercise and moderate diet?
    I don't mean you should not log, but perhaps you can do estimates for a while?

Also is there a way to go out with your co-workers and just have a moderate amount of the indulgent stuff?

I know with me a little sugar and I am thinking about 5 pints of ice cream but I am not most people.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

You need a new trainer.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

It does exist. However, the context in which it's thrown around here is a myth. Like, "I'm eating 1200 calories, not losing weight, so I must be in starvation mode." Yeah, no.