Help Getting Re-motivated

Options
Earlier this year, I was a habitual MFP user, exercised regularly, and was on my way to reaching my goals. I lost about 23 lbs overall. Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon over the summer. No excuses, I just got busy and lazy and kept saying "tomorrow I'll start again" and I never did. Luckily I only gained a few pounds back, but I lost a lot of the muscle and tone I had.

So here I am, back again and really trying to re-commit myself. I was wondering...what are some ways others have found their motivation again after losing it? What are your best tips and tricks to stay motivated? Is there something you do to just "get your butt in gear"? And how do you resist the temptation of all the yummy food that is going to be around for the holidays???

I'm sure there are other threads out there on this topic. But I also wanted to say that I'm looking for friends and people to hold me accountable! So feel free to add me if you're looking for the same :smiley:

Lisa

Replies

• StrongHealthyPowerful
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

Welcome back. That’s one great thing about MFP, it’s always here ready to be picked up again when you get your *kitten* in gear again. Hah. I don’t really have any tricks for you to stay motivated. I’m actually struggling with the same thing, but I’m in a slightly different place. In September I reached my goal weight and tried to switch into maintenance but I also injured my leg and had to cut way back on my fitness. Since then I’ve been totally halfassing it on here. I noticed that we’re the same height and had a similar start weight (highest recorded for me was 184, but I’m sure it was higher at one point) as well as being close in age (I’m 29). Feel free to friend me. Hopefully we can keep each other accountable.

Anne
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I worked hard and lost about 11 pounds. Over the spring, summer, I too just didn't "make time". I am back to where I started plus a few extra. I can say it is age, but that isn't it... I am taking it one day at a time this week and still just don't feel I have a good handle on this! Good luck with this! We can do it; we just have to want it. I want it, but I don't have my ***** in gear! (I liked that one) Good luck Lisa and Anne!
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Happy to help with accountability. Feel free to add me. ankdworak