If eating trash makes us sick, why do we keep eating it?

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm not turning this into a baking soda debate and I'm finished being talked down to by immature people.
    you should stop, because you're making yourself look pretty crazy. I'm sure you don't want to be thought of as a flat earther.

ETA - then again, Arizona... lol.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm not turning this into a baking soda debate and I'm finished being talked down to by immature people. I am however encouraging everyone to eat less junk and more nutrient dense food, that's all. I, personally, don't want anything in my body that is used to remove paint when I have all the macro and micro nutrients available to me through natural and unprocessed foods.

Good luck all. I wish you guys the best. And don't say I'm running, I've spent a good part of my day debating with you guys. I'm tired now and need to get some stuff done!

Baking soda is natural.

Water removes water soluble paint.

It is too bad your diary isn't open.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Well KFC does seem to not frown too much about pee in their chicken. Probably not toxic but ick.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    I feel stupider having read this thread
    The level of ignorance in basic science is staggering, and very depressing.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm not turning this into a baking soda debate and I'm finished being talked down to by immature people. I am however encouraging everyone to eat less junk and more nutrient dense food, that's all. I, personally, don't want anything in my body that is used to remove paint when I have all the macro and micro nutrients available to me through natural and unprocessed foods.

Good luck all. I wish you guys the best. And don't say I'm running, I've spent a good part of my day debating with you guys. I'm tired now and need to get some stuff done!

Every good failure knows when to cut and run.

I'll continue to eat "junk" and go on my merry way, thanks.

While you've got your tail betwixt your legs, mayhaps you should open a science textbook and feast upon the wonders that await you there.

• ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

One can use bananas to whiten teeth. Lemons polish some metals like a champ. Penicillin is a fungus. Orange peel makes a great cleaner. Mayo removes water stains from wood. Cucumbers remove wrinkles. Cayenne pepper on the floorboards deters ants. Just because something has an alternative use does not make it toxic.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hahahaha at this thread and at baking soda!! This is hilariously entertaining. I used baking soda last night on my face after a peel and I believe it's in my tooth paste that I have. I think my face is going to fall off and my teeth are going to fall out.

Also in the cake I ate....I need to see a doctor asap cause of the toxins!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Wait..baking soda is now toxic? I see food fear mongering has reached new heights. Who would have thought that was possible?

Oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Vinegar and salt also makes a great cleaning product. Someone had better call the chip companies and let them know about the toxins.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Good lawdy. You are being corrected and have been again and again in this thread. You have not supported a single thing you have asserted and when you finally do post 'proof' it is from a biased source and does not even support your assertions, let alone being in any way shape or form correct. Just stop!

Also, as I noted earlier, you better avoid salt, lemon juice and vinegar while you are about it.
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »

One can use bananas to whiten teeth. Lemons polish some metals like a champ. Penicillin is a fungus. Orange peel makes a great cleaner. Mayo removes water stains from wood. Cucumbers remove wrinkles. Cayenne pepper on the floorboards deters ants. Just because something has an alternative use does not make it toxic.

If they had funny sounding chemical names that would become toxic

"In February 2011, during the campaign of the Finnish parliamentary election, a voting advice application asked the candidates whether the availability of "hydric acid also known as dihydrogen monoxide" should be restricted. 49% of the candidates answered in favor of the restriction."

I chuckled.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Did not know that about mayo. I suppose I can take some useful knowledge out of this thread after all. =)

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

If you take all the sodium bicarbonate out of your body, you will die. There is a very delicate acid/base balance in the body and sodium bicarbonate is used to keep the base balance. If your body becomes too acidic - whoops! There you go....
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    You've seen what happens when baking soda hits vinegar, just imagine what happens when it hits your stomach acid. You're all gonna die.

EXhpwhV.gif
  • Myrmilt
    Myrmilt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I hit page 2, then 3, and then the KFC, and had to wait until page 12 for the South Park reference. All the way to 12? I don't understand why that took so long for that reference to pop up.

Useful knowledge gained - eat things with baking soda (cookies) will keep me alive (yay, but I didn't really need any reason to eat them, I like them), and mayo gets water stains out of wood.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    At first I was all like this:

just-2-cats-watching-ping-pong_o_202334.gif

Now, I'm like this:

Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

• mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about dumpster diving.

Lol
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    How did this reach 18 pages in like 8 hours and why are people now bitching about baking soda? what?

Because you should really all be talking about cornstarch instead.
    dancing.gif