2»

Replies

• Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    Yeah, dont buy cheesecake.
    Lol there is no need to be rude my friend lives with me I can't band her from buying cheesecake.

I just dont understand why such a simple task requires discussion and such complex suggestions. Just dont buy/eat the cheesecake.

Her roommate buys the cheese cake.....
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Falcon wrote: »
    Lol there is no need to be rude my friend lives with me I can't band her from buying cheesecake.

I just dont understand why such a simple task requires discussion and such complex suggestions. Just dont buy/eat the cheesecake.

Am I able to flag this post as 'stating the obvious'?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If you can eat it in moderation, there's no reason why you can't fit a piece of cheesecake in your days.

I have a huge sweet tooth and most days I can eat in moderation, but it just takes once to undo days of deficit for me, so I've decided to just stop buying/making what I really like (not that easy considering I have kids but they'll live without homemade cookies for a while).

And lol @ the advice to eat cheesecake yogurt instead. It really isn't the same. Nothing but the real thing will satisfy a craving for me. The key though is to only give in when I REALLY crave a food, and not just because it's there. I mean, if there's banana bread and I'm not craving banana bread, I'll try not to have any, or I'll actually start craving it and it will be harder to resist because it's right there (that's the key for me). If I'm really craving a food though, it's best to buy or make a single serving and make it fit in my day.

• Mister_Al
    Options
    Consider treating yourself. Tell yourself if you hit your goals for the week then on Friday you can have a (small) slice.
  • Falcon
    edited November 2014
    Options

can I flag your previous post as then why state the obvious?
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

can I flag your previous post as then why state the obvious?

Because I was asked a question. That would suggest that the questionee needs an answer, just like if you asked me what colour the sky was?....
  • Falcon
    Options
    So after she explained she wasn't the one that is brining it into the house the first time around and you restated the same answer over again at a later date and time, so what does that make it?
  • mustloseweight2015
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth problem too and I have found that fruit (although sweet) are not the same as desserts. I buy bite size candy (Dove dark chocolate promise squares are my fav). You can work in one or two in your daily allowance (Dove is only 45 calories per square). Also, because they're individually wrapped, I don't eat more. This way I don't feel deprived and still don't end up eating 500 calories to satisfy my sweet tooth.
  • QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have a bad sweet tooth as well...I buy Nips Chocolate. They take awhile to melt and 1 pc is 30 calories...helps me quite a bit from running and getting a choco. candy bar from the vending machine...
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It's really grimy to eat your roommate's food.

Seriously, that's really tacky.

Be an adult and either eat some cheesecake or don't.

This isn't rocket science.

Drink water, chew gum, knit a sweater, learn to tap dance.

There are a myriad ways to deal with this situation.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah, tell yourself it's not your food anyway, so you can't have any.
  • abcmommyx3
    abcmommyx3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Low fat or fat free fruit flavored cream cheese on a low fat graham cracker
  • Wkwthme
    Wkwthme Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    QAPmom wrote: »
    I have a bad sweet tooth as well...I buy Nips Chocolate. They take awhile to melt and 1 pc is 30 calories...helps me quite a bit from running and getting a choco. candy bar from the vending machine...
    I second the Nips. They were, and still are, my best replacement for a sweet when I haven't enough calories worked in for a full dessert. Best of luck to you!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Stop buying cheesecake.

Buy fruit. You can get it frozen pretty cheap. Certainly not as expensive as cheesecake, lol. Eat fruits. They're very sweet, generally low-cal and healthy!
    I stopped buying cake and chocolates and things a while ago it just sometimes in the evening I think about that red velvet cake that I seen in the shop earlier haha! I don't know what it is fruits just don't satisfy me enough I don't feel full after I'd had them.
    I didn't realize your roommate bought it. (How did everyone else know?)

That's a tough one!

I tend to keep tempting food out of the house. If it was in the house, I'd have to steel myself against it and just not start eating it.

If you cut sweets out entirely, you may appreciate the sweetness of a bowl of berries more! But maybe not.

I dunno. Good luck!!