Rice cakes 101

Options
124»

Replies

• gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I also like the caramel ones. They are good-50cals, but not at all satisfying plain so I end up eating 3-4. Nice treat but there are other 150-200 cal snacks that would be better. Having said that, some of the other ideas for putting something on them to make them more satisfying sounds good.
  • cozylove
    cozylove Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Magic Pops are my go to for open face sandwiches. It's my go to snack with no guilt. 3 carbs???!!! HELLO!
  • squirrelone
    squirrelone Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If you are interested in these silly pieces of Styrofoam for weight loss, you may want to remember that gram for gram, most rice cakes have about the same calories as chocolate chip cookies.
    Plus they are pretty high on the glycemic index and often contain ridiculous amounts of sodium. And they have almost no nutritional value.

There really isn't anything positive to say about them. They would probably work better as drywall insulation than food.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    One of my all-time favorite breakfasts is two rice cakes spread with two tablespoons of peanut butter and a sliced banana. Soooooo good, quick, and the combination of textures is nice!