*closed group* Flab to Fab 3, Part 2!

Options

Replies

• loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Keri, I just did my measurements, I'll send them to you later today. I haven't added up the losses yet, bit it is a good number! Oh and I'll send you the body fat% tomorrow, I forgot too do that this morning.

I'm not going to make my goal miles for this week. I've come down with a minor case of what DH had last weekend so I feel sort of crappy. Great way to spend my b-day weekend. Off to rest a bit before dinner at my parents house.
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kerri for telling everybody to eat their exercise calories! I can't tell you how many people still do not get this! You will only lose weight by eating! But, it also matters what you are eating!

And, btw, I will get my measurements and everything out to you on Monday. Sitting in a lounge chair right now and just can't bring myself to do anything! :)

And Ladies, great job on your goals and wonderful 4 week results! Can't wait to get back at it tomorrow!

Aloha!

P.S.
    Go Sharks!!!!!
  • DianaM1020
    DianaM1020 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Challenge:

Monday: 5.25 miles (treadmill and elliptical)
    Tuesday: 9 miles: 1 (treadmill), 4.5 (walking), 3.5 (spin)
    Wednesday: 0 miles
    Thursday: 2.7 miles (elliptical)
    Friday: 0.. couldn't get myself to do anything
    Saturday: 3 miles (running)

Total for the week: 19.95/20! Ha i'm sure I got that .05 mile somewhere!

Thanks for the challenge Kerri!
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options
    Ladies, amazing job on all the pounds and inches lost! Wonderful work, my friends! Let's keep it up for next month!!

Kerri, awesome info! Thank you so much for sharing! I have been eating about 70-80% of my exercise calories back most days, and I try to stay between 1200-1400 net. Sometimes it's less, but overall, that has been working pretty well for me so far. If you get a chance to ask your nutrition lady, what is your start weight if you have a large frame? I am a pretty thick girl, but I think I'm more between medium and large frame. Would that be a start weight of 110 and add 7# per inch for large frame? That would put me around 145, which is what I'm shooting for. I lost about 80 lbs over a decade ago and got down to 135, but it was nearly impossible for me to maintain there. I stayed about 150 for years, though. Good to know I've been doing it right. I'll bet if you eat back your exercise calories, you'll see an even bigger drop.

Did you get my weight and inches? I posted my weight on your profile page and my inches on the old forum.

BTW, I was shooting for 225 minutes on the elliptical for the week, which I reached, but actually worked out a total of 321 minutes for the week, including some walking and swimming, so I'm happy about that. I changed my fitness goals in my settings, so it took another 10 calories off my daily calorie intake (I'm down to 1480 now) and I upped the number of times and number of minutes I'm working out each day. I may need to try some HIIT on my elliptical. I think my body is getting used to the same workout every day, even though I have the resistance jacked up. We have netflix, so I may try a Zumba workout if I can find one on there.

I had a follow-up appt with my foot Dr on Friday, and my foot is doing SO MUCH better. I'm excited to try something new since I'm not in nearly as much pain.

Anyhoo, I hope you ladies enjoy the rest of your weekend! Catch up with you all soon!
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Kerri thanks for all the info! If you don't mind me asking, how expensive is it to see a nutritionist, or someone like you saw? You can give a range if you'd like. I've thought about seeing one, I think it would help me. I'm having a lot of trouble finding easy, healthy things to eat and keep my calories up. They have to be easy because usually I'm grabbing something to eat while holding Lukas.

Speaking of food. I need some ideas for nutritious breakfasts that don't include eggs. I'm allergic to them :grumble: It is very helpful in trying to eat well, I can't eat just any cookies or cakes, which is nice! I can have duck eggs, but they are way too rich to have scrambled or over toast or something like that. They do well on french toast, but that's not necessarily healthy LOL :bigsmile: I'm not a big veggie person, but I'm open to trying any recipe once!

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Lindz - what about oatmeal with some fruit? Or maybe even a bagel thin and cream cheese and a couple slices of turkey bacon? You could even make some sammiches with the bagel thins...with some fat free cheese and either turkey bacon or turkey sausage? Yogurt with fruit and maybe some Fiber One cereal crushed up in it?
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Kerri, thanks for all of the super information!!
    I will up my calories and workouts, but match my calories too!!

measurements:
    3/28 4/29
    neck: 14 14 (0.00)
    LarmRarm 12.25/12.25 12/12 (0.50)
    chest 40 38.75 (1.25)
    waist 33 31 (2.00)
    pooch 39 38.5 (0.50)
    butt 43 41.5 (1.50)
    hips 39.5 39.0 (0.50)
    LthighRthigh22.25/22.25 22/22 (0.50)
    LcalfRcalf 16/16 15.5/15.5 (1.00)

total inches lost: 7.75

so proud!! ; )

BMI- same
    but, due to Kerri's info, which I've heard before about BMIs, I'm not going to go crazy, just keep keepin' on!!

Good luck, ladies!
    I'm off to NYC Sun-Tues with my mom, mom-in-law and cousin...might not be posting much, but I'm going to enjoy myself and hopefully wake up early and swim each am at the pool and walk all day of course...

have an amazing week, ladies!

get it, girls!!!
  • loria30
    Options
    OK measurements. First set 3/30, second 4/30

Neck. 14//13.5
    Chest. 37//36
    Waist. 33.5//33.25
    Pooch. 39.5//37.5
    Hips. 40//39
    Butt. 41.5//39.75
    L thigh. 19.5//19
    R thigh. 19.25//19
    L bicep. 12.5//11.75
    R bicep. 12//11.5
    L calf. 14.25//14
    R calf 14.5//14

If my calculation was correct I lost 9.25 inches. :-)
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I AM SO HAPPY!!!
    My current weight is 128.4 =) OMG!!! My new workout routine is working!!! I finally found something that is working for me!

What is your workout routine??? And what is ur daily calorie allotment???
  • DreeDub
    Options
    kerri...thanks for all the information...i loved it! Ok this might sound really stupid but...how do I determine a small vs medium frame?
    I've always considered myself to have a medium frame...athletic build so I went with that...with the information you provided I should aim for 122.5-135.5... Currently I'm right in the middle but at least I know my goal of 125 is realistic! Thanks again...can't wait to hear the information you get on Tuesday!!!

[quote/]

So for me, I am (rounded up) 5'9" and have a "medium body frame" so my GOAL weight should be calculated this way. 105 lbs to start at 5'0" then 6# every inch. For SMALL body frames it's 100 pounds to start at 5'0 then up 5# with every inch. SO I URGE ALL YOU LADIES TO USE THIS AND FIGURE OUT YOUR GOAL. Be honest about your frame. So for me, I am near my goal. She also said that this can be +/- 5%. SO, I would be great at 152-168
    [/quote]
  • pamelaplt
    pamelaplt Posts: 12
    Options
    Here's my measurements for the month:

neck: 13' (0)
    lt arm: 13' (-.5)
    rt arm: 13' (-.5)
    chest: 40' (-1.0)
    waist: 34.5' (-.5)
    pooch: 40.5' (-.5)
    butt: 43.5' (-.5)
    hips: 39' (-1.0)
    tummy: 33'(-1.0)
    lt thigh: 20' (-.5)
    rt thigh: 20.5' (-1.0)
    lt calf: 16.5 (-.5)
    rt calf:16.75' (-.25)
    BMI 27.8

I believe I lost 7.75in.

I am so glad we are measuring. Honestly, I thought measuring would be such a pain, but seriously I LOVE IT! Even when the scale doesn't move a lot, you can still see you LOSE!!=) Learning to love my measuring tape HA HA

Kerri thanks for all you do for our group! You are AWESOME!! And we can't thank you enough for putting this all together!!!=) =)=) Now we need to workout together soon!! I miss our Biggest Loser Workouts!! LOL
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @ Kerri- Thanks for the info. Did she mention what she reccommends as the ratio for a normal diet (carbs: protein: fat)? I am always so confused, there seems to be varying opinions but no real research to support what is best for a healthy lifestyle.

@Caroline- My husband is the same way. Last week he at 2 peices of chocolate cake each night and lost 2 pounds!

My miles for the week:
    Monday: 3.0
    Tuesday: 1.1
    Wednesday; 4.0
    Thursday: 0
    Friday 3.6
    Saturday- 0
    Sunday- 3.2 + a ton of walking to warm up and cool down.

14.9/15.0

I ran my first registered 5K today. My goals were 1) to finish 2) to run the entire race 3) to run it in less than 36 minutes. I met all 3 goals. My time official time was 32:57. I was shocked! I had my HRM stopwatch on and when I was just before the finish line I looked at my time and was like, damn thing must need new batteries and then i turn the corner and saw the official clock and was like ****, this is right! It was an amazing feeling to run. I was 274 ish of 500 runners which is just about where I wanted to be. I am running a 6K in 6 weeks and am hoping to run it in under 38 minutes.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT JOB DANI!!! =) I'm so proud of you! I remember my first 5K! Great job.

Drea--I am told that it is based on rib cage circumfeence but I don't know the #'s.. I can ask her.. By looking at your pictures I would say you're small frame though. She went through a bunch of girls in our Spin class and said "she's medium, she's small, she's medium, etc..." So to me, you look like a small..

Just an update.. I'm still waiting on measurements and weights. If I don't get them by tomorrow I will just leave it blank and put in a maintain for this weeks weight. I really wanted to add up all our inches lost though! C'mon ladies!! =)

I also wanted to get a challenge out tonight! I REALLY liked last weeks challenge a lot, so I am challenging a re-peat! If you didn't make your "own goal" (I didn't) then I encourage to set another realistic goal and include at least 2 modes (ie. elliptical and treadmill or bike and swim, etc..) I also want everyone to choose a calorie burn # and try to come as close to that as possible. For me, it'll be 2500 from Mon-Friday. IF you also wanted to do the mini 4 minute challenge from earlier then we can post those (improved) times as well!!!

I'll try and think of something creative for next week and I'll take suggestions =)
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I am going to skip out on the miles challenge this week. I am trying to find some new workouts that include some strength training since I am lacking. Also, I am going away on Friday morning and am not sure what I am going to be able to do while I am in Maine.

But with that said I am going to aim to burn 1600 calories Mon-Thurs (average 400 cals a day).

I will do the 4 minute mini challenge and post my results later today!

Anyone have any suggestions for strength training that I can do at home? I have a resistance band, a couple of 2 lb hand weight, a stability ball, and pretty much any household item you can think of.
  • DreeDub
    Options
    This week challenge goals:

Running/Walking goal: 12 miles. I just started running with some girls from work and together we typically do about 2.5-3.0 miles total but I'm thinking I want to add some more distance for myself so I'm starting with 12 for this week and if all goes well I intend to increase next week :)

Calorie Burn goal: 2000-2500 that allows me a range of 400-500 calories a day! I'm still working on my new program with running, p90x and insanity so I'm not sure what my daily burn will look like yet! We shall see!

Have a great week everybody...I know for me it's going to be a LONG one! TONS of work to get prepared for TONS of meetings the next 2 weeks!! The end of the school year brings on a LOVE/HATE relationship!!!! 31 more work days! ;)
  • loria30
    Options
    OK guys....based on Kerri's post about weight, and based on what our fitness director said, I've switched my calorie intake to maintain. I'l probably lose a bit more as I tone she said, I'm happy where I am I've decided, except for the flab, LOL.

I find it amazing that I lost as much as I did in just under 5 months. Really, I didn't think I'd be able to do it in a year, let alone in less than 1/2 a year.

As for the challenge, I'm going to bypass this week. I have two late days (no real lunch hour), plus bowling on Wednesday, so I don't have much time to burn calories at all until Thursday. I'll do what I can though, just don't want to set goals. :-)
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Alright, real quick post so I can get a workout in and get the dogs walked. My goals for the week:

- Burn 3500 calories by Friday
    - Walk 10 miles (a mile each day (Mon-Fri) with each dog).
    - 100oz of water each day

I have to walk each of the dogs separately because they're kind of naughty and react to each other when walked together, and they're 180lbs together which could just be dangerous if they decide to take off after a squirrel together haha. I'm about to do the Insanity Fit Test (Kerri, maybe a challenge idea?) for the second time. Wish me luck!
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    And my week goals for last week:

- bike/jog/run/elliptical 15 miles. - MET!!
    -NO POP - Did good at first but this will be an ongoing thing. Did great not drinking pop with lunches until Sunday. Drank a lot with meals eating out. Hoping to fix this in the coming week by eating more at home --- I did however pass on pop several times so i'm still proud of myself :)
    -12 cups of water daily - Close, 12 all but 2 days, short by 1 cup on 2 days. STill not bad :)
    -under on cals daily - Met! Tues-Sunday :)
    -at/close to sodium goal - over on sodium by a lot a couple of days (eating out)
    -spreading my cals throughout the day - did ok

Here is how I did on Challenge:
    Challenge
    Day 1: 4.7 (elliptical)
    Day 2: 5.73 (1.3 Run, 4.43 ellitpical)
    Day 3: 10.75 (Run 1.3 Elliptical 2.3 bike 4.5 walk/run 1 elliptical 1.65) Also rowed but didn’t count distance

Total 21.21 Miles!! :happy:

As for the weekend pact:
    Friday, was close on cals but still under! Not my proudest eating day but still under
    Saturday, did well :) Didn't eat a bunch of junk because of my workout, still getting into the right mindset that working out is part of the progress, not an excuse to eat crap
    Sunday, close on cals again (with a 700 cal workout) but still under :) glad I said no to dessert with dinner, that wouldve put me over!
    Didn't run the full 5k distance this weekend but did work really hard. Hard to believe the 5 k is now less than 3 weeks away!
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    Goals for this week:
    -12 cups of water daily
    -Under on cals daily
    -Reduce sugar in take (compared to last week)
    -Reduce sodium in take (compared to last week)
    -Evaluate diet as whole from last 2-3 weeks to identify opportunities
    -workouts: 3 weekday workouts, 1 weekend

Week Challenge:
    -20 Miles - Run/walk/bike/elliptical
    -100 Squats - Do on bosu when @ Gym
    -25 real pushups
    -Try that one machine at the gym where you push your hips out, and in lol I don't know the name but you know what I'm talking about!!

Any one have suggestions of quick strength type excercise I can incorporate?? I'd love ideas as I am taking baby steps to incorporate strength into my workouts without taking up all of my precious cardio time

Thanks guys :)
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options
    My goals for this week are:

- Elliptical every day a MINIIMUM of 50 minutes M-F, and try to get a workout in on Saturday, if possible.
    - Exercise in the morning before the kids get up, if possible.
    - Get at least 80 oz. water in. Usually not a problem, but I'm aiming for that as a minimum.
    - Avoid eating junk at night. I have some go-to snacks I leave calories for at the end of the day, but I've been straying from those.
    - Burn at least 3000 calories M-F

Yesterday was a really awful day emotionally. But I didn't binge, and actually came in under calories, which is a freakin' miracle. Also my new scale, every time I step on it, gives an error message. No weight reading at all. Grrrrr. So I'm back to my old, rather unreliable scale until I can figure out what is up with the new one.

So, I hope everyone has a fabulous week. Make great choices and keep motivated. :)