Back to Lose 110 lbs.! Need friends to motivate/keep me motivated! :D

Options
Hey, y'all!

Facts: McKay from Arizona. 30 years old in 2 weeks. Work-from-home transcriptionist, student, volunteer and housegirlfriend. I lost 83 lbs. on MFP a few years ago (over the course of a year and a half) and gained it all back (over the course of 3 years). I went from 235 to 152 and never reached my goal of 120. So, here I am, back up to 230 and aiming for 120.

I know how to do this in a healthy way. What I DON'T know how to do is stay motivated when my goal is in sight. I actually LOVE the process of losing weight and getting in shape. It was like a really good book I didn't want to end so I sabotaged it.

I'm active in the forums and on personal walls or whatever we're calling it here now. So add me if you want motivation!

Cheers. <3

Replies

• itsMcKay
    itsMcKay Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    P.S.: I deleted my old account to start fresh. :)
  • LilyAmongThorns3
    Options
    Hiya! Good luck! I hope this time you make it all the way! you can do it!! :D
  • valerie58
    valerie58 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    we can all do it together... add me
  • calliecallie24
    calliecallie24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck you can do it!!!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I definitely get where you are coming from. I just turned 31, and have 110 to go myself. A few years ago I lost about 55 with MFP in about 7 months, then over the course of 2-3 years gained it back plus some. Now I'm down 55 again... 1/3 of the way to goal. :)
  • Michaelg235
    Michaelg235 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Hey, y'all!

Facts: McKay from Arizona. 30 years old in 2 weeks. Work-from-home transcriptionist, student, volunteer and housegirlfriend. I lost 83 lbs. on MFP a few years ago (over the course of a year and a half) and gained it all back (over the course of 3 years). I went from 235 to 152 and never reached my goal of 120. So, here I am, back up to 230 and aiming for 120.

I know how to do this in a healthy way. What I DON'T know how to do is stay motivated when my goal is in sight. I actually LOVE the process of losing weight and getting in shape. It was like a really good book I didn't want to end so I sabotaged it.

I'm active in the forums and on personal walls or whatever we're calling it here now. So add me if you want motivation!

Cheers. <3

Add me...
  • nikiramirez
    Options
    Welcome! You've found the right spot for accountability & motivation :)
  • bananna30
    bananna30 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody feel free to add me I am always looking for active mfp friends:)
  • abcmommyx3
    abcmommyx3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    add friends! It really helps to have friends on here... this is what is helping me be successful this time around. I have about the same to loose (except I broke it down into mini goals the first being under 200) I sent you a request
  • itsMcKay
    itsMcKay Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome back! And to everyone who sent a friend request, you've been added. :smiley:
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Happy to help with accountability. Feel free to add me. ankdworak
  • theskipper54
    theskipper54 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Remember, every day is a new opportunity for success!
  • peachy48161
    peachy48161 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i'm here to help too, could use some active members, you can add me peachy48161
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! You can do it! Great job deciding to start back at it :)
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP, feel free to add me! I too believe that slow, steady, and healthy is the most important way to do it.

Also anyone who is looking for active friends feel free to add me, I'm on every day and love interacting with others who log daily :)
  • LBGyrl
    LBGyrl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I am coming back after some time and will be happy to offer support if you can do the same for me.
  • I am right there with you, though I have never lost more than 10 pounds! Feel free to add me (any of you), please just do me a favor and read my profile and send a message with the add request!

XOXO,

Shannon
  • stopdropandlose
    stopdropandlose Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I believe in you - if you put your mind to it, anything is possible. Feel free to add me, I'm currently 238.8 and looking to get down to 110.
  • mjpra
    mjpra Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I too have about 110 to lose...Am back in MFP after sometime and with a 40 pound gain..would love to be of support and encouragement. Please feel free to add.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Add me if you like. :)