I am New

Options
awestfall
awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
I just wanted to say hello to everyone.My name is Ann and I am 28 years old.I have been married to a wonderful husband for 5 almost 6 years.I have three beautiful daughters.14,4,1 (almost 2).I want to lose this weight and I need alot of encouragement to do it because I get down on myself when I don't lose anything.I am hoping this site will help me .I want to be the person I was 10 years ago (THINNER LOL)I hate what I see in the mirror and I want to change that.Well I guess thats about it .Talk with you guys soon

Ann

Replies

• awestfall
    Options
    I just wanted to say hello to everyone.My name is Ann and I am 28 years old.I have been married to a wonderful husband for 5 almost 6 years.I have three beautiful daughters.14,4,1 (almost 2).I want to lose this weight and I need alot of encouragement to do it because I get down on myself when I don't lose anything.I am hoping this site will help me .I want to be the person I was 10 years ago (THINNER LOL)I hate what I see in the mirror and I want to change that.Well I guess thats about it .Talk with you guys soon

Ann
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • deflating_girl
    Options
    Well you have come to the right place!!

This MFP is awesome!!!
    Welcome!! Hehe.....

nice to meet you and hope you do real well. I am pretty new myself and am enjoying it.

:bigsmile:
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Welcome Ann,:flowerforyou: I am sure you will find MFP members of great help and support I always have.:happy:
    The calorie counter is wonderful and if you want to have something that is not on the food counter you can input the info and we can all share in it :tongue: I am very impressed and happy that I joined MFP on the introduction of my daughter-in-law :love:

Friends are angels that lift us up when our wings have forgotten how to fly.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Ann, and welcome to the best site on the web!
    I felt the exact same way as you when I started! I was so down on myself about the weight I'd gained and couldn't seem to lose no matter WHAT I tried. And believe me, I've tried EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis! Nothing seemed to work, I'd lose a few, and then just give up and start packing the weight on again! Then a co-worker told me about this site, and the last 7 months of MFP have COMPLETELY changed my life! I feel sooooo much better about myself now, and I know MFP can do the same for you too!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too.
  • awestfall
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the encouragement!! I know I can do this if I put my mind to it .
    Best of luck to all
    Ann
  • lainy
    lainy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I Ann, I'm new to, and just trying to adjust, but I'm committed to keep at it until it starts working. Good luck, I know we can do this. Lainy
  • ranaelynn
    ranaelynn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome:smile:
  • awestfall
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement .We are all worth losing this weight.I feel so much better knowing that there are so many other people going thru the same things I am and we can lift each other up when we fall.Thanks again and good luck to you all .

God Bless
    Ann
  • awestfall
    Options
    Guys I really need to get some motivators .I get down on myself when I don't lose for a few days.I am obsessed with the scales and I know I shouldn't be but I just can't stay away from them .I need to see results:blushing:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Guys I really need to get some motivators .I get down on myself when I don't lose for a few days.I am obsessed with the scales and I know I shouldn't be but I just can't stay away from them .I need to see results:blushing:
    One thing you might try is to put the scale away and get out the tape measure instead...have someone at the gym or a friend measure you and take those every month. You'll see big changes in that area even in times you're not seeing the scale budge!

Weighting once a week seems to work for most folks (weighing more often than that might simple drive you over the edge of frustration)...many suggest same day, same time of day each week...etc.

Yes scale obsession certainly isn't uncommon:noway: but perhaps the best way to detox from the scale obsession :wink: is place less power in it.... it's really just a number....it doesn't define us unless we allow it too!:drinker:

No fun going up and down in moods or risking the chance of a binge or giving up if the scale reads something different than we'd hoped. It can take time for our bodies to adjust ... use the great MFP tools, find some threads of interest to you, get to know folks, keep track of every morsel (amazing how we think one bite doesn't make a difference...but it isn't always the one bite, but the following bites that make or break it for us)and keep downing those glasses of :drinker: water:drinker:

To realize what's really going in our mouth it can be quite surprising at first....excercise and water of course are hugely important to add into the mix and a positive mindset work wonders for success!:drinker: :bigsmile:

:happy: Here's to a wonderful new beginning for you:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Well you have come to the right place!!

This MFP is awesome!!!
    Welcome!! Hehe.....

nice to meet you and hope you do real well. I am pretty new myself and am enjoying it.

:bigsmile:
    :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I Ann, I'm new to, and just trying to adjust, but I'm committed to keep at it until it starts working. Good luck, I know we can do this. Lainy
    :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • melissa91971
    Options
    mpf is a great community!

keep coming back to the site to read posts and I promise you will be inspired!

I started at the end of Nov. and its been a lot of fun!

~Mel